Author: expatter

Democracy, "Voice or Choice?" [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-4-25 20:18:34 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-25 20:20:10 |Display all floors
ZG,

Only that turnout isn't as low as people say.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-25 20:21:46 |Display all floors
I am busy looking for the figure - but 12% or less - made Hillary Clintons husband President -

or was it 17% ?

it was much less than 20% -

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2008-4-25 20:26:25 |Display all floors
Hi vicarious:  Quote:  You are obviously lacking knowledge of the finer details of UK politics.

What a great opening!

I can see that you are obviously a real expert and I appreciate that.  However I did state at the beginning of the post it was a 'simple' model.

I agree with alot of what you say, but one very important thing is missing from this analogy.  The leaders of the opposition have all lacked any kind of charisma or strength.  The only person since Thatcher who showed any sort of chance at making a good leader was Micheal Portillo who had been groomed for the job by Mrs T.  Blair was indeed a fesh brush after the Thatcher years and he was infinitely better than the choice of his opponents and in a way my simple article relates to this.  

I left the U.K some 10 years ago and only hear about politics from family now and I can assure you their comments are not about policies as much as personalities.  My feeling is that the Conservatives new chap is making a better PR job than his former colleagues and Brown is making a chump of himself. So I would have to agree with you there that it would probably mean more people would be interested in placing their vote.

Thanks

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-30 02:37:54 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.