Author: expatter

Fake News in the U.S Shock !! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-4-23 18:15:19 |Display all floors
Originally posted by wowzers at 2008-4-23 18:07

My point is a simple one.
You use info from a Western organization to point out bias in Western media.
You see no irony in that?

Well, he is using a UK source to point out how a US media report was fabricated. Not much irony in that...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-23 18:53:36 |Display all floors
Originally posted by oioioi at 2008-4-23 18:15

Well, he is using a UK source to point out how a US media report was fabricated. Not much irony in that...

The point was, the West and Western media.
Last time I checked the UK was in the West.
Irony intact!
Good Gweilo: My job is the ideological quality control

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2008-4-23 19:30:29 |Display all floors

Hi Wowzers

Your point is very clear.
Thank you very much for that.

"Not everyone from the West is blind, right?"

And of course the Western media should be self-policing according to its own structure.  But you certainly see nothing of this behaviour in the less reputable rags and outlets.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-23 19:33:06 |Display all floors
Originally posted by expatter at 2008-4-23 19:30
Your point is very clear.
Thank you very much for that.

"Not everyone from the West is blind, right?"

And of course the Western media should be self-policing according to its own s ...

That's why they are called rags.
Good Gweilo: My job is the ideological quality control

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2008-4-23 19:37:20 |Display all floors

Wowzers

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-24 23:43:04 |Display all floors
General Electric owns NBC and GE as well as News Corp, Time Warner, and ABC News are Corporate members of the Council on Foreign Relations. Combined with the relentless propaganda schemes of our government and the military-industrial complex I'm hardly expecting every story to be reasonable and balanced.

They certainly won't take American imperialism seriously.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-25 00:24:30 |Display all floors
Hi kodama

Unfortunately they do.

In all countries of the world including the West people wake up read or listen to the news and never ask why?  It is delivered they consume it.

They believe every part of it.  Only a few try to qualify it.

Am I anti West?  NO! Definately not. They are lovely people, as are all the peoples of the world but the media is issue driven and dominated by private owners.  Private ownership equals money.  That is the problem.
It needs to generate income and you will find no fairness in this type of system.

It is like giving a heroin addict the key to purchasing the next fix.  It has to be found by any means.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.