Author: expatter

Fake News in the U.S Shock !! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-4-23 09:22:31 |Display all floors
Originally posted by expatter at 2008-4-22 21:31
Well since I have been coming in this forum I have been truly surprised at how most Westerners become very addled and beigerant when you talk of a biased press in the West.  How about some proof of ...

How nice of you to pass on info compiled by a Western organization on Western news.
I guess there are some Westerners aware of this issue and who's mission is to make others aware.
Good Gweilo: My job is the ideological quality control

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-23 09:36:18 |Display all floors
Do as you would done by!

In this money-worshipping world, i can safely say that none of these major media organizations are squeeky clean, let alone these smaller ones providing local news.. BBC's devoting huge amount of time nowadays airing US presidential campaign, but who's funding the all-over-US media  trips of Katty Kay (a journalist tracking Hilary Clinton,just in case you didnt know).  

Obviously, news programs are reserved for commercial uses, be it either well-groomed corporate news or news that are deliberately sensationalized to boost ratings, like the coverage of Olympic Torch relay protests.  

Flash back, in the old days, most of the executives of news biz had served long term in the editorial department and was promoted internally. but now, an increasing number of news biz executives are business management majors with years' of experience, say, in the advertising, PR and marketing industries. How you expect them to know about what real news business is!   Meanwhile, I know a lot PRs that have served long term in news organizations before their job-hoppings.  They are doing, what the PRs would say, strategic communication,  sugaring up otherwise unpalateful corporate news. PR=Pian Ren, or cheating in Chinese.

So can we call it swindling?  you are feeding the public not necessarily true stories but for your own benefits only. Reporters, totally forgetting about their ethic codes, would running on erands so gladly for the corporate world,sometimes only for a small amount of money.

And China Daily: how much you get paid for each lavishly-spread story on corporate news pages you print on every Monday edition?
haha...

As for me, i know lots of reporters making grey income in that way.  I swear by god, i NEVER attend such PR events soon after I figured out  soon that PR firms are luring reporters with small money.   But I've met reporters who would be so gladly bite the baits, an act beneath contempt!!

[ Last edited by reportersh at 2008-4-23 09:40 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2008-4-23 10:16:02 |Display all floors

#8 wowzers

Thank you for your compliment.

Your point is?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-23 10:20:11 |Display all floors
Originally posted by expatter at 2008-4-23 10:16
Thank you for your compliment.

Your point is?

Lost on you, obviously!

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2008-4-23 11:25:55 |Display all floors

Wowser

Ahh!  The deep logic person. Insult the others intellect to build your own.

Wow! How impressive!

And my point is what is your point?  Using sarcasm does this make you the all seeing being?

"How nice of you to pass on info compiled by a Western organization on Western news."

Or is this meant to be.  Oh! No! You are a Westerner!  How could expose us to help the point of view of the other side.

I still see no point from your side.

So , lost on you obviously!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-23 17:45:44 |Display all floors

Oh No! Not more U.S fake news!!

US government faked Bush news reports

[http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/ ... ns2004.broadcasting]

TV news reports in America that showed President George Bush getting a standing ovation from potential voters have been exposed as fake, it has emerged. The US government admitted it paid actors to pose as journalists in video news releases sent to TV stations intending to convey support for new laws about health benefits. Investigators are examining the film segments, in which actors pretending to be journalists praise the benefits of the new law passed last year by President Bush, to see if they could be construed as propaganda.

Another video, intended for Hispanic viewers, shows a government official being interviewed in Spanish by a actor posing as a reporter with the name "Alberto Garcia".  One segment shows a pharmacist telling an elderly customer the new law "helps you better afford your medications". "It sounds like a good idea," the customer says, to which the pharmacist replies, "A very good idea." And in some scenes President Bush is shown receiving a standing ovation from a crowd cheering him as he signed the Medicare law, which is designed to help elderly people with prescriptions.

Health care is big bucks in the U.S Old Boys network.
The point before you have to ask is that not all what you see is real.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-23 18:07:32 |Display all floors
Originally posted by expatter at 2008-4-23 11:25
Ahh!  The deep logic person. Insult the others intellect to build your own.

Wow! How impressive!

And my point is what is your point?  Using sarcasm does this make you the all seeing being?

My point is a simple one.
You use info from a Western organization to point out bias in Western media.
You see no irony in that?

So often here I see forumites claim that the West is blind to issues like this.
Yet here we are and here you are making a claim and supporting it with a Western organization.
Not everyone from the West is blind, right?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.