Views: 2997|Replies: 4

Is USA's recession a real thing or something else [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-4-22 13:19:59 |Display all floors
We can not trust CNN's report anymore. YOu can laugh at those so called  consultants and their comments on economy and finance. But I admired them that they could used alots of funny analysis to describe how the economy has performed. If one listens to them for share investment, ,one could dig his own graveyard faster than the laws of gravity.

So, I think there are many hiden agenda . can any1 share some thoughts ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-22 17:45:07 |Display all floors
The financial news is prone to hysteria, it's always panic of some sort: either they're panicking about not getting in on breakneck growth or panicking about not getting out of a burning building.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-26 22:49:22 |Display all floors

-

It's mostly contrived..... There is NO oil shortage.... NO food shortage.....and the economic crisis is a drive for more taxes and corporate profits.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-27 07:08:06 |Display all floors
There's no recession, and certainly no depression. It's just wishful thinking by the Anti-American peanut gallery. I just got back from Hong Kong and things are fine here. If you want to see a depression, do some research on America in '29 or SE Asia in '97. That's a depression. Nowadays, according to the idiots, if people stop buying iphones, the country's in a recession. Give me a break.  

Commodity prices are driven mostly by speculation. There's oil out there as findings in Brazil and North Dakota have shown. It's just a matter of time before this bubble pops. The dollar has strengthened 1% this month. If it continues its upward trend and the Fed stops cutting rates, we'll see commodity prices slide. Right now, gas is at about $4/gallon in America, which doesn't bother me and most wealthy Americans. Our average annual salary is $44,000, so we can afford higher commodity prices. They pay the equivalent of $6/gallon in Europe and Japan, so I can't complain.

The Chinese have to worry more about higher commodity prices than Americans. Right now the government is keeping prices relatively low by placing a price cap on oil and commodities. In order to do this it has to dip into its bag of foreign currency reserves. How much longer can this continue? China still has about 700 million+ poor peasants in the countryside who can't even afford to buy rice, let alone gas. If you think the Chinese that live in the cities represent China, you're nuts. The average annual salary in China is $3,000.  The peasants and workers, who earn very little, are the drivers of China's economy. You should take a 6 hour ride into the countryside and see how the majority of China's population live. China has so many problems right now.

[ Last edited by meiguodiyi at 2008-4-27 07:12 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-27 08:55:42 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.