Author: expatter

The Tibet Card [Copy link] 中文

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2008-4-20 17:46:08 |Display all floors

I see that you love controversy.  

You are entitled to your opinion and I am not sure you can speak for the whole world.  
Certainly you can speak for the majority of the world covered by the Western media.

See post #3

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-20 17:48:56 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-20 17:52:47 |Display all floors
i just read it expatter ,sorry mate, but I disagree, I can understand where you are coming from, but I disagree. The silent majority of western people are fully 100% aware of how media operates in the world, they don't just blindly read and follow what the media is saying. And I hate to break the news to you, but China is still not yet a delevoped country yet, they are still coming out of the darkness. All the problems that western democratic countries have had on their capitalist/democratic roads has still yet to happen in China. All the protests, all the inflation, the depressions, all the stages, sexual revolutions, political movements, China still has it all in front of them. All it takes is for the economy to slump a couple of percent and China could just as easily collapse as much as it can grow. China's development is still highly unstable at this stage and could go either way. (or you could all die of pollution before getting a chance to see which way it goes!)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-20 17:58:11 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-20 17:59:03 |Display all floors
Expatter,

"Public diplomacy" is the system of diplomacy which is within the view of the media: talks, summits and so on. Bilateral "aid" deals with no strings attached isn't really public diplomacy because it amounts to bribing officials as most such money given by anyone, strings or no, disappears into corruption. China hasn't succeeded beyond that because, for the most part, it hasn't done anything beyond that but try to demand things from everyone. Indeed, China interferes a lot--for example, demanding people not speak to a variety of world leaders--and it's pretty much considered totally hypocritical.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-20 18:06:14 |Display all floors
oh, I forgot to mention UNION movements as well (as a part of China's democratic/capitalist road that has yet to happen yet, this is one of the biggest "developing country" movements that has yet to happen in China.

In my opinion, workers rights in China are the MOST UNJUST system that you have in place, workers rights in China are one of the most unfair systems in the world. You are definitely still stuck in the dark ages on that one, I think your cavemen neanderthal ancestry had better workers rights than you guys, and what about those poor Chinese miners!

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2008-4-20 18:13:23 |Display all floors

Thanks for the clarification.

China has been very successful in gaining support and friends all around the world.  By whatever means they have used their policy has been successful.  If you imply that it has been done in an underhand manner that would suggest that no other country does that.  No other country uses devious means to get where they are going.

Sure that cannot be right can it?  

Many of them seem to think that force is the right way.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.