Views: 4298|Replies: 10

Who here has an international credit card? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-4-15 12:50:54 |Display all floors
I was talking to a friend who lives in Malaysia about the difference in culture between China and the Uk in terms of credit cards.  In the UK they dish out credit cards, often with very big limits, to just about anyone who has a job.  In China, credit cards exist, but they are rather harder to obtain and your average person certainly won't have one, and nor will they desire to have one.

He reckons that I'm wrong and that in places like Beijing or Shanghai, the average person owns one.  (When I say credit card, I'm talking ones that can be used on the internet to purchase books from, say, Amazon UK/USA, in dollars).  I would still say that they are pretty rare for most Chinese people to own.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-15 13:16:31 |Display all floors

Reply #1 renegadedog9's post

well, credit card sales at shopping centre is a good PART TIME job for tertiary students.

I don't particular agree with banks "hawking credit cards" as a full time vocation.
I don't like seeing university students going into huge debt just to get an education, vacation jobs must be made available.

so many reasons for credit card.....

Green Dragon

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-15 15:56:31 |Display all floors
I agree, they are given out way too easily in the west.  This is one thing I think is great about China, it's a saving culture.  Very few people want to get into debt, and they even try to avoid borrowing money for their mortgage if they possibly can.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-15 17:13:34 |Display all floors
the time is changing,everyone will own a credit card after 10 years
www.kiss2.cn 英语怎么说,英语怎么翻译

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-15 18:46:55 |Display all floors
I have a platinum Mastercard and use it wisely , allways payback before 60 days and you don't pay interest :) got to be happy with that .
There are no Ugly women , only those with low self esteem .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-15 20:20:18 |Display all floors
i have a credit card printed 'visa'....is it international...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-16 18:33:26 |Display all floors
Originally posted by cyberspook at 2008-4-15 18:46
I have a platinum Mastercard and use it wisely , allways payback before 60 days and you don't pay interest :) got to be happy with that .

Ours only 22 days free credit ........

we Have VISA or Mastercard................
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.