Post time 2008-4-15 14:26:09 |Display all floors

It could be

that I am the only person paying tax in China

that new Olympic stadium

entirely funded by me

and a few US dollars from international trade

And NO!!

I will not carry that torch!

I am too afraid of naked western lesbian anti-everything protestors throwing themselves at me
"We know it's weakness, but the weakness is so strong!"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-15 14:32:13 |Display all floors
Originally posted by zglobal at 2008-4-15 12:57
The official government line is the line of 90% of Chinese.
Foreigners don't get that but it's fact. ...

I suggest you read the above posts again...slowly.

You wrote the official govt line.  Which is quite different from saying the Govt enjoys the support of 90% of the people. I define the govt line as the offical position of the govt on an issue(s).  I gave several issues, many of which I discuss regularly and my experience tells me that our opinions differ widely.

Later...

Originally posted by zglobal at 2008-4-15 13:31
Of course 90% refers to overall approval of the government and few would say that every single issue is perfect.
Which is not what I said....

You changed this to the overall approval rating...Not I... not trying to be argumentative but if  you're going to give me a hard time, then at least...well you see where I'm going.

Best of luck this avo.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-15 14:43:21 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-15 15:39:33 |Display all floors

Let me tell you something

zhiran,

This could easily be applied to many posters here.
"Mind your own business" (an internal matter) is used by the govt here to tell foreign countries their opinions are not welcome.
The majority of the Chinese posters here take the same line and extend it.  Your opinion is not welcome if it verges away from the govt line and thus, is perceived to be criticism.

Response: It depends, if u invite a friend to a dinner,but he keep judging ur wife's cookings,  u got nothing to say because there's a chance that maybe ur friend  just wanna give some cooking suggestions or opinions, and it might taste really so bad that ur friend is starting to be pissed off!  Then u taste the food and found it's just as good as always. after dinner, ur friend told ur wife not to cook anymore in front of u coz it tastes
like shti, there may be a taste difference amony people, but I am curious.... By then would u still treat him as ur friend?  Would u still take his advices or opinions?  

If what you are really saying is 'mind your own business' but we still withhold the right to trash you based on the color of your skin, then you are not going to win any arguments.  But then is winning arguments really what people here are trying to do or has this bulletin board turned into a platform for some posters (both western and Chinese) to get their immature and morbid kicks by inciting racially-motivated reactions.

Response: Chinese people cherish justice and truth, most of them are willing to take any opinion into consideration regardless of who gives, and then they filtrate all these opinions and selected the proper ones according to the term u mentioned below under which stand numerous evidences and facts. In this way,  MYOB is authorized by justice and truth to HUMAN-BEINGS  in order to trash anyone who fakes the truth.
时运不济.....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-15 15:48:42 |Display all floors

good suggestion!

This is a good suggestion. We can use MYOB to European and American hegemonists.
But better have little expectations of its effect.
Thanks ZG,anyway:)
The Sun rises every day from the East !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-15 16:02:28 |Display all floors
Originally posted by knight778 at 2008-4-15 15:39
zhiran,

This could easily be applied to many posters here.
"Mind your own business" (an internal matter) is used by the govt here to tell foreign countries their opinions are not welc ...

Knight, I would like to respond, but to be honest I don't understand what you are trying to say.  No harm intended, but can I suggest you keep it simple?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-15 18:48:05 |Display all floors

umm... Sorry for my CHINGISH..But I am a chinese after all

Originally posted by zhiran at 2008-4-15 16:02

Knight, I would like to respond, but to be honest I don't understand what you are trying to say.  No harm intended, but can I suggest you keep it simple?

If you have difficulty in understanding figuration, let me put it this way:

Chinese govt welcomes foreign opinions and home opinions, what you said "MYOB is used by cn govt ......" can be a misunderstanding, it only happens when some foreign opinions are too absurd and too unreasonable to accept!  And indeed there are a bunch of such precedent, e.g. CNN's farce show on TB issues.

And it seems to me that you still have doubts because the term chinese people emphasized here is not the same one you thought it would be, and you have every reason to believe that your term is the right one. so now we see where our diffences are, don't we?  Difference is understandable.

I agree with you when you said ' MYOB can only work when two parties agree to the term'.  and in the early part of your opinion you describe that many posters on this board are manipulated by cn govt, and the content is deliberately made in favor of cn govt without a universal agreements from outside world, therefore you come to jump into an conclusion that ' no agreements, no term, no MYOB', Do I get that right?

Select just one poster that you think can best describe ur opinion, and let us see whether it's a MYOB or not.......     Fair enough?
时运不济.....

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.