Views: 3729|Replies: 4

what should I do for my job [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-4-14 12:29:15 |Display all floors
In recent days, I am very puzzled by my job and my future.
I am a graduating student Now, I am practising in a company as a international trader. I don't know whether my choice is right. I don't know whether I should insist in working in this industry. I don't know whether I should continue to stay in this company.
After working during the last mouth, I really found doing international trade is not an easy thing as I thought. There are more trivial and complicated matters in the business because of different cultures, languages,rules and other things which maybe beyond my capacity. When my superior is worried by some business, I have no idea and can't give her any helpness. I feel my knowledges learned in university is so useless. On the other hand, I don't know how to access to foreign buyers, my superior has her own permanent customers, and our company actually don't register as a member of alibaba.com which enable me have no idea how to get my customers in the future. Do I just do the assistant work such as fax, copy,call forever?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-14 14:31:37 |Display all floors
She probably doesn't know what to ask of you. It is up to you to suggest what you can do to help her. And in order for you to do that, you should first try to learn up how to do international trading.  There are three ways to do that. One, surf and read up.  Two, make friends with freight forwarders and shippers.  Three, make friends with others in the same type of work but other types of products.  While working towards these three things, find out which markets overseas have need for your company's products, then write to people in the consulates of those overseas markets for some tips on what to do, or even visiting the trade offices of the foreign countries near your city.  If there is a trade fair nearby, attend it and make friends with the exhibitors and visitors, especially those from overseas. Of course, it will be helpful if you can register your company in portals and e-marketplaces like alibaba and globalsource, or even in other such portals.  Just remember to stay focused on your company's products so that you can build one success upon another.  And if you have a satisfied first customer, get a recommendation from him to get another one....

On the cultural bit, everyone in the world appreciates sincerity, professionalism and confidence first. Being sensitive to cultural differences also helps but when businessmen meet, it starts with those qualities first. One can read up a lot on business etiquette just by searching in the internet.

On the personal bit, every first job one lands into will in more cases than not be ill-fitting to one's expectations.  Working life is often humdrum and not exciting but one must remember it is hard to get a job, and when one has a job, we should all do our best in them until the next better one appears. A job can be as interesting as you want to make of it yourself.

So's everything else about life.

http://www.mediafire.com/?9n2jfxk44sm
http://www.mediafire.com/?ggm9khwnrdw

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-14 14:40:30 |Display all floors
relax man, where there is a will, there is a way, most of sutdents will be facing up the society after college, for a long time you have to do something in bewilderment, that is the part of your job, you have to cover the distance from your first time to be being good at it, in doing so, you will be getting quite use to those things which you ever confused about.

[ Last edited by trtry40 at 2008-4-14 03:07 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-17 00:01:03 |Display all floors
We should do the things step by step.now,you find a little difficult,that doesn't matter.The frist,you should learn from your superior.To know how does he or she to develop the customer and how to deal with the daily job.Slowly,you will know hao to do,find this is an interesting job.At the same time you should learn more theory on your job.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-17 13:48:21 |Display all floors
I suggest you to go to www.ee-marketdata.com to find some good and potential customers. You will be surprised.

Good luck!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.