Author: mr_han_man

Keep Foreign Journalists Out of Tibet [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-4-15 14:06:53 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2008-4-15 11:14
WHy do we need Chinese "journalists" in any country outside of China? ...

Why do we need someone with broken  grammar work here as illegal english teacher?
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-15 14:08:01 |Display all floors
Originally posted by zglobal at 2008-4-15 13:42
yes, agree with you correction...Gulp....

Did you miss me?

Well, when I'm hungry, sometimes I do miss you!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-15 14:11:11 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-15 15:38:32 |Display all floors

Reply #33 glaznozt's post

Yes, I was scanning over the posts here, bored at work.  I agree that the original post was primarily to draw in the blindly patriotic Chinese nationalists.

The best way for China to save face would be to allow the foreign journalists into Tibet to report what is actually happening.   By keeping people out, it only invites speculation and encourages the anti-China bias

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-15 15:43:00 |Display all floors

Reply #32 knight778's post

I can understand why some people on these boards can't understand the fundamental differences between the media systems in free and open democratic countries, and the media system in China.

For one thing, media systems in "western" countries, while far from perfect, are more often than not critical of abuses of power and corruption within the government.   Open up an American paper, and there is story after story explaining problems in America's system.

In China, this is totally absent, and corruption and abuses of power are generally swept under the rug...

At the end of the day, unless reformed,  this will limit China's ability to be a major world power

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-15 16:53:04 |Display all floors
Tibet is a part of China .
If someone part it from China.It's not our friends,but a enemy.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-16 15:01:24 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2008-4-16 13:55
Look what happens when you rely on monopoly news services (such as Xinhua and the CD): The facts get controlled. 70% "good" versus 30% "bad".

It can be seen in how infamous incidents and historic accidents are still being swept under the carpet... virtually all the last 40 years - as far as the unglamorous aspects are concerned -  are still uncharted, virgin news territory... ...

Any data or facts to support your claim?

Or just bullsh!tting as usual?
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.