Author: zglobal

WHO'S NOT PROTESTING [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-4-12 09:53:32 |Display all floors
Nah... I don't like demonstrators and I don't like torch runs. They shut down streets.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-12 10:18:25 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-12 11:28:11 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-12 11:42:22 |Display all floors
Originally posted by iii3hairs at 2008-4-11 10:09

yes, French TV show host did this that they let two professors on the stage arguing, one was pro-China, another was pro-Tibet, a couple of weeks ago.

You know, III3hairs, i think still it would be a good idea, but unfortunatelly I do not think it is practically possible. (here I chose to shut up and mute the comment why it is impossible. My history mechanic formula gives always the same result of calculating the chances of a dog in front of a bulldozer.).

What I was meaning and what may get misunderstood by others, mostly because of mine unclear wording, is that I did not have anything like pro-T vs pro-China on my mind. I do not think in this category.

I think this would be pro-China, pro-Han, pro-T.an, pro-any-other-Minoritian, pro-truth, pro-narrowing the gap between perceptions of the subject by different people in the world.

PRO UNDERSTANDING.
PRO PROMOTING SANITY AND REASONABILITY ON ALL SIDES.
Andy Dob

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-12 11:43:43 |Display all floors

When acceptance = stagnation

Originally posted by seneca at 2008-4-12 11:22
No 32:
Yes, China has finally been accepted by the world at large as an equal; there have always been people in the West that regarded and regard Chinese as an equal people. There have been others ...

Wrong, old chap, we do not have to accept the diktat and imposition from others just as George Washington did not accept the diktat of England. We contest and we challenge "accepted" wisdom and practice for what they are, only then will societies evolve. Seneca's acceptance tentamounts to evolutionary stagnation of a society.

Do you know why laws change with time? Because societies evolve and refuse to accept archaic norms, hence, even the black letters of the law have to change rather than accept.

If we were to accept as seneca wants us to, we would be in thralls to the West. If Tibetans were to accept the rules of the Lamas, they would still be serfs. The majority of Tibetans are better off under China's secular rules.
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-12 11:50:47 |Display all floors

My disappearing posts

My time is very limited, sorry I won't re-post.
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-13 20:34:22 |Display all floors

Reply #3 zglobal's post

Good point, to say that the protestors represented their country and people is erroneous just as equally as it would be to suggest that some here represent china, or I represent NZ etc. Get a grip folks, it's a few people who wanna get on TV, have their 15 mins and do it, sadly, at someone else's expense....must've been a slow news day huh?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.