Author: zglobal

WHO'S NOT PROTESTING [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-4-11 10:09:50 |Display all floors
Originally posted by doberman at 2008-4-9 21:33
I think that to show to Chinese and western people the same picture, which would restore disbalanced perceptions (By different media steering in different directions), may be it would be a good ide ...

yes, French TV show host did this that they let two professors on the stage arguing, one was pro-China, another was pro-Tibet, a couple of weeks ago.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-11 16:23:36 |Display all floors

you are absolutely right

Originally posted by zglobal at 2008-4-9 14:15
One lunatic in a crowd is the one everyone notices.

One hundred people stand around and one lunatic starts ranting like a mad man.
The hundred people don't always notice each other, but they no ...

Yeah,I totally agree with you
I've been too emotional recently.I found it's not good
there are not just people against the olmpics outside,there are more friendly foreigners

I think things will be back to normal after the Olmpics

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-11 16:24:15 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2008-4-11 16:27:52 |Display all floors
Originally posted by yoyo_bunny at 2008-4-11 17:23

Yeah,I totally agree with you
I've been too emotional recently.I found it's not good
there are not just people against the olmpics outside,there are more friendly foreigners

I think thin ...

1. I think things will be back to normal after the Olmpics
Copy code

I wouldn't bet on it. The next event to embarrass China is the 2010 World Expo in Shanghai, followed by the 2012 Asian Games.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-11 18:33:28 |Display all floors

The Reality of the Bias

A few years back,  millions showed up all over the world to protest and oppose the U.S. led  illegal occupation of Iraq.  In comparison, this time around, only a few hundred showed up at each site - London, Paris, and S.F.  Over a million has died in Iraq, the majority at the hands of the military of the "Coalition of the Willing."  Less than 30 have died in Tibet - and almost all of them at the hands of the terrorist rioters.

YET the amount of press and the level of "reporting" dedicated by the Western press is at least 10 times higher than for covering the Iraq War protests.  Corrected for the disparate size of the protesting crowd, the amount of over-exaggeration by the biased Western press is 1,000 times as much.  The log-in-eye Westerners like Pelosi and the Capital clowns of America in turn DEMANDED that China stop going after the Dalai incited troublemakers who have already demonstrated their bloodthirst.

The West can "talk Jesus" (讲耶稣) till the cows come home, but any red blooded Chinese will understand the despicable subtext and discrimination against the Chinese.  It is not paranoia at all to suspect extreme illwill on the part of the West, as the illwill is expressly manifested - even when Chinese society suffer precious human lives and tens of millions of dollars in property damage, the Weste demands that the Chinese must sit on their hands and suffer the brutality of the terrorists, who were paid for and incited by the West in the first place.  .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-11 22:02:07 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-11 22:11:18 |Display all floors
The job of beating people and destroying local cultures, you mean.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.