Views: 8941|Replies: 8

Anybody could give me the right answer [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-4-8 15:54:08 |Display all floors
Imports of High-Tier cheese (above quota and with a penalty) totaled 4.4 million pounds, 24% above January 2007.

Here is a word " High-Tier " that still puzzle me.  Who could give me answer?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-8 17:14:04 |Display all floors
Originally posted by shfenorasuny at 2008-4-8 15:54
Imports of High-Tier cheese (above quota and with a penalty) totaled 4.4 million pounds, 24% above January 2007.

Here is a word " High-Tier " that still puzzle me.  Who could give me a ...

Somehow I read the title as "Anybody could have given me the right answer" and found it very tempting to continue as follows: "but Nobody did".   Anyway, let me play that Nobody and give you an answer (if I get it wrong, call me Somebody instead :)  高档的
世上就怕“认真”二字,I'll try my best

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-9 20:02:23 |Display all floors
高档的~~

The answer is wrong. I have consulted some dairy experts about this word,  nobody could tell me the right answer.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-9 20:09:32 |Display all floors
what about 高级 ?
thats what you're asking about right?

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2008-4-9 22:04:18 |Display all floors

高税

Import licensing is one of the tools the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) uses to administer the tariff-rate quota (TRQ) system for U.S. imports of dairy products. TRQ’s replaced Section 22 import quotas for dairy products on Jan. 1, 1995, as a result of the Uruguay Round Agreement.

Under these TRQ’s, a low tariff rate, called the low-tier rate, applies to imports up to a specified quantity. A higher tariff rate, called the high-tier rate, applies to any imports in excess of that amount. High-tier tariff rates were reduced by 15 percent over the 6 years since the Uruguay Round Agreement was implemented in 1995, while quantities subject to low-tier rates were increased gradually over that same period. TRQ rates and quantities vary by product.

For dairy products subject to TRQ’s, an import license from USDA’s Foreign Agricultural Service (FAS) is generally required to bring in items at the low-tier tariff rate. No license is required to import products at the high-tier rate.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-10 07:20:58 |Display all floors

高关税

Under these TRQ’s, a low tariff rate, called the low-tier rate, applies to imports up to a specified quantity. A higher tariff rate, called the high-tier rate, applies to any imports in excess of that amount.
high-tier=高协定费率
high-tier=高关税

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-10 08:35:25 |Display all floors

high-tier=高关税

Under these TRQ’s, a low tariff rate, called the low-tier rate, applies to imports up to a specified quantity. A higher tariff rate, called the high-tier rate, applies to any imports in excess of that amount.
high-tier=高协定费率
high-tier=高关税
High-tier cheese =high tariff rate cheese at import.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.