Author: wchao37

治学必须严谨, 不能丝毫靠造假或搞吹捧 [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2019-3-24 09:59:51 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-3-24 10:30:15 |Display all floors
This post was edited by wchao37 at 2019-3-24 10:31
UpWithYourHand Post time: 2019-3-23 17:28
The topic here is not about translation at all, so you could have seen it more clearly to avoid su ...

I told you to keep focusing on yourself because it is obvious you are the customer here asking Mr. Zhao to help you with translations (by the way, he is excellent in most cases).  

While I am not a translator, I am willing to help if the translators get stuck with something extraordinarily difficult.

I didn't want to tell you in public forum but you left me with no choice -- your English is terrible and that's a fact.  Any unbiased observer will tell you that.

The worst thing is that you lack the humility to try to learn to bring your work to a higher level.

You asked me for an example.  YOU are the best example.

治学必须严谨, 不能丝毫靠造假或搞吹捧

That's why I need to shake you up a bit for you to face reality.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-3-24 10:42:59 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-3-24 10:59:03 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-3-24 14:58:24 |Display all floors
wchao37 Post time: 2019-3-24 10:30
I told you to keep focusing on yourself because it is obvious you are the customer here asking Mr.  ...

I find that you are a real trouble maker yourself.
I did seek advice from anybody who can help me in translation voluntarily, but not in this very thread, so why do you try to trouble the water? Can we not focus ourselves on the topic of the thread only? Stop being mean, because we do not do things like you, always having money involved. I am NOT a customer in any sense. Even if you wish to offer free service to me, I need to give it a serious consideration to know what ax you have to grind.
It is true you can write very lengthy sentences without making any real progress in essence, but it is not amazing in the eyes of many others, perhaps only your wife was impressed.
My English or the English I used could be well understood by the targeted readers, I think it is good enough because I do not want to be Shakespeare or any Noble Prized winner.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-3-24 15:55:39 |Display all floors
UpWithYourHand Post time: 2019-3-24 14:58
I find that you are a real trouble maker yourself.
I did seek advice from anybody who can help me  ...
so why do you try to trouble the water?

Is that Danish?Stop being mean, because we do not do things like you, always having money involved.

Is that Norwegian?
I am NOT a customer in any sense.

But you told Mr. Zhao -- who was so nice to help you -- whether you had used his translations.  That makes you a customer

Even if you wish to offer free service to me, I need to give it a serious consideration to know what ax you have to grind.

Wrong again.  Giving you free advice has nothing to do with grinding axes.

It is true you can write very lengthy sentences without making any real progress in essence

Then show me one sentence you have written that 'makes real progress in essence.'  

That's nonsense.
but it is not amazing in the eyes of many others, perhaps only your wife was impressed.

See folks?  I knew it from the beginning this clumsy man was pretending to be asking me a question.

I am not here to impress anyone, the least of all is a porcupine like you.

My English or the English I used could be well understood by the targeted readers, I think it is good enough because I do not want to be Shakespeare or any Noble Prized winner

Oh that is a very wide gap between plausibly understandable English and Shakespearean English, and yours falls off the cliff at the other end -- it is 'good enough' only in the minds of uneducated Russians.

SUMMARY:

You write terrible English and don't even know where your errors exist.

Instead of asking people like Brother Zhao to help in humility, you fly in here with a lot of false pride for nothing.

DO NOT try to engage me in conversation again.  I am here to seek the truth in international politics, and not to talk to folks with very low self-esteem.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-3-24 16:05:56 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.