Views: 2556|Replies: 4

我没看懂这个笑话 [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-4-1 16:13:12 |Display all floors
The devil visited a lawyer's office and made him an offer. "I can arrange some things for you, " the devil said. "I'll increase your income five-fold. Your partners will love you; your clients will respect you; you'll have four months of vacation each year and live to be a hundred. All I require in return is that your wife's soul, your children's souls, and their children's souls rot in hell for eternity."

The lawyer thought for a moment. "What's the catch?" he asked.

我主要是上面红的这句没看懂.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-1 16:14:57 |Display all floors
A barber gave a haircut to a priest one day. The priest tried to pay for the haircut, but the barber refused, saying, "you do God’s work." The next morning the barber found a dozen bibles at the door to his shop.

这个也是笑话?我没发现有什么可笑的.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-1 16:48:48 |Display all floors
"What's the catch?"

听上去不错。你下了什么套儿让我钻吧?(有什么陷阱吧?)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-2 11:22:59 |Display all floors
Originally posted by littleboat at 2008-4-1 16:13
The devil visited a lawyer's office and made him an offer. "I can arrange some things for you, " the devil said. "I'll increase your income five-fold. Your partners will love you; yo ...

上面红的这句没看懂  -- why not?

This is a little hard for non Americans.  As a rule, we all think that lawyers have no conscience and soul. They are all devils.  So, all the things the devil told the lawyer are already accepted  as the gospel truth and facts for lawyers!!!  
So, the lawyer asks: what is the catch? (what do you want in return?)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-2 14:15:25 |Display all floors
Originally posted by copchen at 2008-4-1 16:48
"What's the catch?"

听上去不错。你下了什么套儿让我钻吧?(有什么陷阱吧?)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.