Views: 3128|Replies: 3

help:if so glory be to God [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-3-28 15:17:29 |Display all floors
Hope you are very alright today with your job and family if so glory be to God.

What does the phrase mean in Chinese?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-28 15:21:58 |Display all floors
Originally posted by youhan1999 at 2008-3-28 15:17
Hope you are very alright today with your job and family if so glory be to God.

What does the phrase mean in Chinese?

...若如此荣耀归于主/神
世上就怕“认真”二字,I'll try my best

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-28 18:32:22 |Display all floors
are you sure

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-28 21:51:11 |Display all floors

duh

I can not read Chinese, but  if I tell you what it means in English I think it will help. Then you can translate it correctly.

"Glory be to God" just means that the person is an active Christian and they use a simple "catch phrase"  that is common to people with similar beliefs or ideas.
So it is a redundant phrase and not so filled with meaning.

The more literal "translation" is to give the honor of your accomplishments to a higher power. If you take credit for your accomplishments
then that demonstrates "pride" ... the more proud you are of your self, the more "alone" you are in that you are isolating yourself from your creator... the benevolent entity that created all mankind and through kindness allows us all to live out our lives with free will.
So, life is a series of choices. You can choose to be humble and to benefit your fellow man... or you can choose to be proud and
vein and take credit for your accomplishments
Literally "Glory be to God" is an admission of your powerlessness and assigning honor to a higher power... in this case, described in the one word "God"

Hao de

Don

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.