Views: 3971|Replies: 1

Relationships-Attention seeking(e-c)practice [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-3-28 11:58:57 |Display all floors
Attention seeking
寻求注意力
1.JPG

Attention seeking is as straightforward as it sounds - it's a simple demand for attention! It sounds simple - but as Ros Taylor shows here, the ways that this over-the-top behaviour manifests itself are many and varied.

这一概念听起也许直白无误--即:就是要获得注意力! 虽然听起来简单,但是由此采取过激的行为方式正如Ros Taylor在本文指出的是多种多样的。

Types of behaviour
行为类别

Some examples to clarify are: the man who complains loudly in a restaurant so that everyone will notice; the girl who wears the skimpiest of outfits on a cold winter night; the mother who sighs loudly and crashes the dinner dishes about so that the family will hear that she's a martyr to domesticity; the child who has a tantrum in the supermarket as his mother ignores him for a second to count her change; the teenager who feigns illness to obtain sympathy. The list is endless.

下面是举几个例子来明确一下: 在餐馆大声抱怨让别人都注意他的男人;冬天穿最暴露衣服的女孩; 大声谈起把碟子打破以让家庭听见她是一位家内的“烈士”的母亲;由于被超市数零钱的母亲忽略片刻而发嗲的孩子;假装生病来获得同情的十来岁的少年;这样的例子数不胜数。

What characterises this behaviour is that it lacks genuineness.It plays to the gallery. There are telltale signs like the sideways glance to see who's looking, the exaggerated body language, the overly projected tone of voice.

它们的共同特点是缺乏“真实性”、是迎合低级趣味。有原型毕露的迹象可以说明,例如:斜视还有谁在看自己、夸张的肢体语言和过于突出的语调。

We have concentrated on what is visible to the onlooker - but what's going on inside our heads to produce this over-the-top response?

我们在关注对于旁观者所见到的景象时候--可是,在做出这种过头的反应时我们脑中在想什么?

When we indulge in this behaviour it's generally due to a crisis of confidence. The man in the restaurant might feel that he's a very important person in the community but the staff did not treat him with the deference he deserved. He raises his voice because suddenly he believes he is a man of little note. He sees himself through their eyes - an ageing 'has-been' passed over for the top job. To redress the balance he puffs himself up and shouts for attention.

当我们纵情于这种行为普遍原因是“信心危机”。在餐馆里大声叫的那位男士也许感到自己在餐馆内的群体当中是一个非常重要的人而服务员却没有以他应得的尊重相待。他突然感到自己是一个微不足道的人所以提高了嗓门。他通过别人的眼睛来看自己--一个。。。--为了恢复平衡;他进行了自我膨胀、大喊着吸引注意力。

Positive steps to change this behaviour
改变行为的积极步骤

Knowing that these thoughts are there is an important first stage in overcoming attention-seeking behaviour. They will be negative thoughts like: "I fear that I'm not good enough, everyone here is better than me", or "I'm not attractive, nobody loves me". You can stop the whole process right there and then by challenging these beliefs with: "Of course I'm good, I'm just as good as the next person" or 'I'm attractive and loveable but I do need to be bolder and chat to people," for example.

要克服注意力寻求的行为第一步是觉察这类的想法。 它们可能是类似以下的消极想法:“我担心我不足够强;每个人都比我强” 或者:“我没有魅力、没人爱” 要停止寻求注意力,你应该从由此打住;开始用例如“当然,我不错,我和谁比都一样好”或“我长得美丽、人可爱,但是需要更大胆和别人聊天”等等诸如此类。

But life is life and perhaps we let these thoughts ferment. All is not lost however. You can recognise the feelings that accompany your thoughts and then take action. If you feel undermined, insecure, ignored or unrewarded then be aware of your particular emotional triggers to attention-seeking behaviour. Go back to thoughts that generated the feeling or simply relax and take some time out to examine what is going on.

但是,生活是世俗的,我们在让这样的积极想腐烂,不过却并非失去全部。你能识别伴随着那些想法产生出的感受并采取行动。当你的感受是i卑微、不安全、被忽视、没有受到奖励,那么,注意一下那些让你采取寻求注意力行为的情绪触发事件。再回来考虑产生那种感受的想法或简单地放松、花一些时间检视到底在发生了什么。

Finally, what really works is to talk about how you feel to the person or people causing the problem. The mother who's doing far too much for her family needs to negotiate with them to do more. If she cooks they do the dishes. If not, they may have to fend for themselves. This direct approach is far healthier than acting like a martyr or shouting the odds. At least it provides you with the opportunity of finding a solution.

最后一点,真正奏效的说出引起这一问题的人(或多人)你的感受如何。 那名为家庭需求付出太多的母亲需要和家人商量让他们多做事。如果她烹饪那么家人要么可以做菜要么他们就要照顾自己。 直接了当的方法要远比烈士或嚷嚷有效。 至少这是一个发现解答的机会。

[ Last edited by hly_2009 at 2008-3-28 12:27 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-28 14:03:13 |Display all floors
帮自己也顶一下

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.