Author: taikor

China's Wild Wild West [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-7-9 22:11:56 |Display all floors
Maybe I have no enough RP ..~
My English is soooo poooor....

Sooooo Can you HELP me? thanks very much..

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-7-9 22:24:42 |Display all floors
Originally posted by taikor at 2009-7-9 17:15
A fellow netizen in Canada, the author of Chinese In Vancouver, called for the abolishment of 'preferential treatment'for ethnic minorities. Make everyone equal, and that they're not special. If they're special, they're not part of the mainstream society. Then they won't think they're Chinese. They'll think they're different - NOT Chinese ...

Very fine suggestion.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-7-10 06:43:37 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-7-14 03:41:51 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2008-10-27 17:53
This thread is an attempt at rewriting contemporary history analogous to how China rewrote history in June of anno Domini '8.9

There is some similarity. Namely that the initially well-intentioned protests descended into riotous violence which was put down with force the Chinese security force and then condemned by the world as a massacre of non-violent protesters, which is nonsense. Nothing non-violent about 'em.

When we have in our history such events as the Great Railroad Strikes of 1877, the Pullman Strike, and the Bonus Army we hardly have a place to condemn them in such a way for the same. Though in fairness there are at least many media sources which report the events in Xinjiang for what they are.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.