Author: chinadaily

Men's soccer: Can China beat Australia? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-4-26 19:50:09 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-28 13:37:13 |Display all floors
one day,three coaches who come from China , south of korea and Japan met God.The coach from Japan asked god when his team could win the world cup.God told him his team would win the cup in 50 years.The coach cried and said I couldn't see it happen.Then  the coach from south of korea asked  god when his team could win the cup.God told him his team could win the cup in 70 years.The coach cried and said I couldn't see it happen.The coach of China football team asked God when China football team could win the world cup,God cried suddenly and said even I couldn't see it happen.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-5 11:39:55 |Display all floors
handshake U
       i think australia will win,just my intuition! for china did not took the chance when there was a very good in front of them last time, and this time the lineup of australia will be more tidy, what's more it will be the host of them,so best wish fo chinese!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-5-5 23:38:17 |Display all floors
I don't prefer to china. I've been disappointed many times for such a football team

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-1 18:40:53 |Display all floors

Developing the game

It is a very exciting time for both Australian and Chinese football.  Both countries are experiencing growing interest in the sport and both countries look to be significant football powers in future.  As the Chinese and Australian domestic leagues improve it will be good to see citizens from both countries playing in both leagues.

The Australian's have an undefeated record under coach Pim Verbeek.  The Dutch school of football excellence still has some distance to go in terms of how Australia might develop as a footballing nation.  It is good to see Australia continue the emphasis on possession and flexible position that began under coach Guus Hiddink.  

Despite the improvements however, Australia still has some distance to go before it can be considered a "quality" football nation.  The games in the Asian Cup 2007 and the recent second string display in the friendly against Ghana demonstrated an inability to play outside their comfort zone and a lack of depth in certain key positions. China exploited the first weakness by scheduling the first world cup qualifying match against Australia at altitude in Kunming.  A clever move.  Australia was very lucky to escape with a draw from a Chinese side that did not pressure their opposition enough.  China needs to play a more aggressive game against nations like Australia.  The Chinese team has big players who can push the ball carrier and disrupt the flow of the Australian team.  It will be very challenging for China when they play Australia at their home ground of home ground's - the 2000 Olympic Stadium in Sydney.

What is more important than the upcoming match in Sydney is how Asia decides on which Asian nation should bid for the right to host the World Cup in 2018.   This bid will be decided in 2011 (I think) and a strongly supported bid will be of great benefit to Asia.  I think that China should support Australia's bid for 2018 and expect very strong Australian support for China's bid for the 2026 World Cup.  I expect that both countries will have the experience of hosting excellent Olympic games by the time both bid opportunities arrive.  I think that Australia is probably a little more prepared for the 2011 bid process at this stage.  Leading up to this bid China should seek to host a Rugby World Cup to demonstrate that it has the capacity to host a large multi-city international sporting event.  Of course China has the capacity for this type of event but actually running an event like this will significantly increase the nation's chances of hosting the FIFA World Cup in 2026.

[ Last edited by etatdaccord at 2008-6-1 06:43 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-14 22:41:36 |Display all floors

China Loss to Iraq 2-1

I am ashamed.no excuses.If China cannot beat Iraq then forget getting embarassed at the world cup.

God Help Chinese Football..........................................................................

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-16 16:16:23 |Display all floors

impossible

I think it is impossible to defeat Austrialia . because Chines team is short of insistance, confidence. if hte team like Turkey, they will win .
big progress from working hard

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.