Author: rosepanther

should customers leave tips in restaurants [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-3-16 07:47:08 |Display all floors
Originally posted by rosepanther at 2008-3-15 20:08
Giving tips in restaurants is necessary in Italy and in whole Europe.Each dish is priced inluding the tip .

The clients do not know that and they leave extra tips on the table.In reality th ...

hmm,it's up to personel.
I thought in China,for some expensive resturant,they charge everythings,eg,they charge for the tissue paper,enviroments(nice decoration and background music),they charge for service..so,do you think you still need to leave the tip?
***always to be yourself***

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-16 07:59:15 |Display all floors

ghetto hood shanty are exempt...

but china is way to go...except the message parlors; i just cant skim on THAT  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-16 09:19:39 |Display all floors
Giving tips in restaurants is necessary in Italy and in whole Europe.Each dish is priced inluding the tip .

The clients do not know that and they leave extra tips on the table.In reality th ...

No. It has a tendancy to embarras the staff and throw them into a panic because they do dot understand what you are trying to achieve.

Even the taxi drivers in Beijing insist on you having the playschool money as change.

It'll all probably change after the Olympics though.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-16 10:44:03 |Display all floors
I think tipping is not nessesary at all. When the restaraunts charge for the food, they charge for the service as well.
So when we pay for the meal, we are paying for the service as well.
And as customers we have the right to enjoy good service. If they're running the restaraunts, they have the responsibility to serve a good ser-vice.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-16 17:20:57 |Display all floors
why tip the staff? we pay what we have to,what we consume.it is not our necessity and duty.
it is the matter of owner of the restaurant as whether they shall tip their staffs for their hard work.

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2008-3-16 17:37:50 |Display all floors

Hi Rosy ,
I have never thought  about it..I always leave a tip  in restaurants.It is not a big deal.
It is a little troublesome at the hairdresser's which I visit once a week and I have to give a tip to three different persons who work there.It is such a nuisance but I can not avoid it.
I really    love China,半个 中国 人

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-16 17:44:06 |Display all floors

Reply #15 xilaren's post

you get three barbers for your hairdressing?
i got to experience it....

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.