Author: basket

Lust, Caution" actress banned in China [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-3-11 12:45:27 |Display all floors
I am glad that advertisement was banned....cheers...(I am sorry to say this)

In my view..she is just an actress performing in the 3 ji pian(I cannot translate) with the guildence of a very famous Director..she is just a 3jipian actress...

If somebody perform in the same film...but the director isn't as famous as Li'an...
we know the outcome...the actress wouldn't get those crown and adwards....

And now Tang..I dislike it...her advertisement is about that thing again..
bad...

I haven't seen the film...and will not~~~
I dislike those obscene scenes...

[ Last edited by qiyiguo at 2008-3-11 12:46 PM ]
Yi's Fan..huge fan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-11 13:04:33 |Display all floors
Originally posted by satsu_jin at 2008-3-11 12:44

Correct, why ban it at all? Personally I do consider movies that glorify violence or brutal force to be far more harmful to society than movies where sex scenes are shown.

I agree with you. Adding that sex scenes containing brutality, force are non-less harmful. Such scenes will not give any pleasure of watching film to normal people, but may in time instigate those who like it to try do it in real life.

A year or more ago I bought dvds and one of them was a German film about two sickos who brutalized a family in a turist resort. Together with my wife we fell sick in next days after this film and we regretted we had watched it. I bought it not knowing the content. The disc flew straight into a rubbish box and no need to add I  broke it in pieces.

I only should have remembered the director's name. Not actors' names. I would not watch this director's films anymore. Just it would me my "personal ban", until I read some positive reviews of his new films.
Andy Dob

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-11 17:59:47 |Display all floors
To ban the Pond ad is the lamest thing ever!!! To cut out some explicit material in a movie is perfectly fine (all countries do this, not just China), although I don't think it would kill anyone to watch a little bit of sex, but to PUNISH the actor by banning a perfectly decent TV commercial is really pathetic. Come on!!!

For those of you who can't handle a little bit of nudity, here's an idea for you: don't watch movies with nudity!

[ Last edited by oioioi at 2008-3-11 07:09 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-11 18:02:20 |Display all floors
Originally posted by doberman at 2008-3-11 13:04

I agree with you. Adding that sex scenes containing brutality, force are non-less harmful. Such scenes will not give any pleasure of watching film to normal people, but may in time instigate  ...

The solution to you problem is to start using that "stop" button on you player.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-11 18:20:57 |Display all floors
Originally posted by oioioi at 2008-3-11 18:02

The solution to you problem is to start using that "stop" button on you player.

I know, I use it when I get sufficiently into the film to see it indeed is a sh!t. Sometimes you can't judge at the very beginning.
Andy Dob

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-11 20:06:19 |Display all floors

In a name - Bettie Page

Originally posted by sockmonkey at 3/10/2008 07:03 PM
Questions for #3:
-Why ban the actors instead of the director or producer? They are the ones with the vision; the actors simply carry it out.
-Why ban just Tang Wei and not the actor? They were both having sex in the movie--why ban one and not the other?

Sock,

Remember Bettie Page?  Most, if not all, the folks that were behind those cameras never caught the flak that she did.  Tang Wei is now China's Bettie Page.  At this point - she is better off heading to Hollywood or France, and make a career there.
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-11 20:14:51 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.