Author: 246810

A man just hit the glass door ... [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-4-1 21:02:41 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mint74 at 2008-4-1 14:05
I did the same stupid thing before,I felt very  embarrassed at that time!!

ha..it's ok..so many people did the same thing...

No next time !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-1 21:04:44 |Display all floors
Originally posted by thunderbird at 2008-3-29 00:28
Most public buildings in our Canadian cities have stripes on across their glass walls and doors...liability and safety are two major reasons for the installation of those stripes!  :)

We still don't put anything in our glassdoor...and the same thing happened again just last month....

accutally I like people go to hit the door..it make me have fun the whole day !  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-1 22:24:10 |Display all floors
Originally posted by 246810 at 2008-4-1 21:04

We still don't put anything in our glassdoor...and the same thing happened again just last month....

accutally I like people go to hit the door..it make me have fun the whole day !  :l ...

You should have a video camera there to capture the moment and post the clip on YouTube for us to see!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-9 14:17:41 |Display all floors
poor guy

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-9 17:18:13 |Display all floors
"accutally I like people go to hit the door..it make me have fun the whole day"

I am really disappointed that you have this attitude.

To enjoy someone else's pain or embarrassment is not right.

On my first morning in Shanghai, 11 years ago, I ripped the right shoulder of my jacket on a sharp-edged traffic sign. A passer-by observed the situation and let out a long continous chuckle, apparently enjoying my loss.

While I have become friends with many Shanghainese since then, my impression is still clouded by that first encounter.

There are some cases when it is possible to share a person's embarrassment if the embarrassed person thinks it is funny, but it is never right to laugh at pain.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-9 23:31:11 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ronglimeng at 2008-4-9 17:18
"accutally I like people go to hit the door..it make me have fun the whole day"

I am really disappointed that you have this attitude.

To enjoy someone else's pain or embarrassment i ...

Your comments remind me of an American (or a Canadian) TV program called "Candid Camera" or something like that.

Certainly, people appear to have different sense of humor at times...what is funny to one person may not be funny to others.

There was another TV program called "Funny Home Videos" or "America's Funniest Home Videos"....some of those "funny" home video clips were major embarrassments and painful experiences  for the intended subject(s)....all I could say was (at the time of viewing)...."poor kid"..."poor wife"...poor husband"..."poor whoever"..."poor dog"..."poor cat"...."poor whatever"!

I always get the American's shows and the Canadian shows confused!    :)

We (Canadians) and Americans also would consider having a  food fight  "funny"....that sense of humor may not be shared with many other nations!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-4-10 00:29:12 |Display all floors
One site:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeI12pUfneU..... in order to illustrate my point....just one click away to find what I meant!

Ouch...ouch....ouch!

"oor kid"..."oor man"..."oor camera"....and  "Poor kids"   

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.