Author: rainbow

对事不对人(C-E) [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-3-5 11:17:34 |Display all floors
Originally posted by hly_2009 at 2008-3-4 17:07
focus on a problem rather than on a person

Hly, thanks for your answer!

To be or not to be,that's a question!
Talk in English rather than talking about English.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-5 11:18:54 |Display all floors
Originally posted by jl2315 at 2008-3-5 11:09

我前面 #6 实际上也就是这个意思。英文 Business is business, don't get personal 其实跟“对事不对人”并不完全一样的含义。

-

不完全一样,也只能用这个了。
If winter comes, can spring be frozen ahead?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-5 11:28:14 |Display all floors
Originally posted by rainbow at 2008-3-5 11:13

HH, no bad for red herring! Do you know what you impress me most? You advise to talk in in English,  not to talk about English. I always keep this in my mind.

Rainbow, I appreciate your keen observation as well as your bubbling personality.  Yes, I advised to talk in English as often as you can, I don't always practise what I preach, though. Speaking a foreign language may be a difficult task, and sometimes it may cause a lot of misunderstanding. Do you agree, rainbow?
If winter comes, can spring be frozen ahead?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-5 11:48:56 |Display all floors
Originally posted by househusband at 2008-3-5 11:28
Yes, I advised to talk in English as often as you can, I don't always practise what I preach, though.  Speaking a foreign language may be a difficult task, and sometimes it may cause a lot of misunderstanding. Do you agree, rainbow?

I understood it is easy said than done. However it is a word in season. My English teacher of high school told us a story. One of her students practised his English at all times, posing his questions to the teacher in English, chatting in English with his classmates even his classmates responded in Chinese. I think it was not only out of his perseverance but also his avid interest in English.  

Talk in English rather than talking about English.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-29 18:18:24 |Display all floors
comment on the issue rather than the person

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.