Author: gotohell

Prince Harry coverage criticised as 'propaganda' [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-3-5 11:47:59 |Display all floors
I like Prince Harry as compared to the other royal family members, especially his elder (and weaker) brother who will soon-to-be king.

I don't know what the next king of England (if it were at all needed) will be like and hope he doesn't toe the old royal family line (rubber-stamp and puppet), or be like his hopeless, philanderer and unfaithful father.

I don't think the media cover-up was a matter of choice for the British government given the high risk of putting a prince in the frontline against a formidable arch-enemy.  I also think it was not the Britain government's choice of sending Harry to the war but it was Harry's own decision and insistence.

Yes, Harry may have the killer instinct or fun-loving of wanting to "bang bang and kill" but at least he is brave enough to act out his ambition and play the role a soldier would and should.  Here, I am not debating or discussing the morals of the war between Britain and Afghanistan (please excuse me on this) which seems also inevitable.

I have seen Harry as a small boy and how he is different (=normal) and a rebel.  

If he fights in the war, comes back alive and is merited for his contributions to the army, then I think we should give him his due recognition.

For what happened to his mother, I feel sorry for the 2 boys.  They at least appeared to me like any other boys, at least not stuck-up or obnoxious.  It is the British media that are really mean and the policies of the Government that are often wrong.  I hope the Princes be good and would do something that can change Britain into a better country and contribute to world peace.

I have no bias against the boys but we shall have to see their conduct in the future and judge.

Pity, Harry could not fulfil his wishes which must be frustrating.

[ Last edited by immouse at 2008-3-5 11:51 AM ]
What I said, remains.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-5 14:02:14 |Display all floors

Big Brother Was There .

Let us refrain from some of the tear jerking interpretations to this little exploit of the noble prince , please . He is the only person in the land of UK who had " ropes " to pull to get him to a real " Big Brother " TV type charade . He does not want to play cowboys and Indians on the computer game and so he was there , in Afghanistan .

Let us be absolutely clear here . There was NO chance of him being within mobile phone range of the enemy . It would have been the top priority of the whole NATO forces to be alert and alarmed , ever ready to jump to the rescue if there was the slightest sign of insecurity .  His presence would have tied up a company of troops on personal protection , influence the whole battle plan in case the enemies attack on provocation .

It is a farce . It does not show his courage or otherwise .Either way , let us not blow this molehill into a mountain . The only thing he did right was to disclaim he was a " hero " . He was NOT .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-5 15:30:07 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-5 18:19:20 |Display all floors

Brain unhinged .

# 19,  Reply anon-coward ,

And what makes you think that Chinese do not understand " danger " ?  You see , you have this bad habit of shooting your mouth off well before engaging the brain ( what brain , you may well ask ? ) .

I will tell you this for free : Afghanistan and Iraq are now " dangerous countries " ( especially for the Yanks and Birts ) because it is their troops which invaded and killed people who live there !

I can tell a Yankee like yourself has no understanding of what it is like to live in a oppressed and invaded country .

Try venture out from under the well coward . It is much more fresh and airy up here .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-6 10:59:15 |Display all floors

Inappropriate

SS,

Please , I am embarrassed with your English .  Having nailed  your colors to the mast of language excellence , this # 21  post is a disaster .  

Too long a sentence , using commas after commas , is to confuse and befuddle the reader .  Don't use words you can't spell and worse , don't understand . " arcebuses "?  " no enslaving took ever ( sic ) place " !

We happened to be shooting the breeze about Harry the Pot Head's adventures in Paradise , what is this lecture about ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-6 11:49:58 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mengzhi at 2008-3-6 12:59
Too long a sentence , using commas after commas , is to confuse and befuddle the reader .  Don't use words you can't spell and worse , don't understand . " arcebuses "?  " no enslaving took ever ( sic ) place " !

When you cannot fault the content, well at least you can have a go at the punctuation.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-6 12:30:59 |Display all floors
Originally posted by anon_coward at 2008-3-5 17:30
Mengzhi, I can tell a Chinaman like yourself has no understanding of what it is like to live in a truly dangerous country....

Mister Anon.
Mengzhi lives in Sydney (it's dangerous enough), so please don't labour under the misapprehension that Mengzhi actually dares to live in China !

As for danger, well 10 Australian travel agents on a study trip into China certainly learned about "danger" when an armed hijacker boarded their bus and threatened to blow up the centre of "Xian" city.

Fortunately the brave local police managed to negotiate the release of all but two hostages before blowing him away.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.