Views: 3632|Replies: 9

very high hotel prices this August [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-3-3 07:32:47 |Display all floors
Some friends from Shanghai asked me to make hotel  reservations during the Olympic games.
                The prices were so high.
Maybe the chinese should have cheaper prices in the hotels.We can not pay so expensive hotels.      

What do you think?                           Why so expensive..

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2008-3-3 07:45:18 |Display all floors
Originally posted by olivita at 2008-3-3 08:32
Some friends from Shanghai asked me to make hotel  reservations during the Olympic games.
                The prices were so high.
Maybe the chinese should have cheaper prices in the hotels.We ca ...

During the month of August all hotels in Beijing are occupied 100%. There are still some rooms available but at a premium price. Afaik during this time there is nothing available at a decent room rate. In 4 or 5 star hotels rates at USD 750 plus per night are the norm.

Olympic games are a bonanza for hotels. This is nothing extraordinary. It was the case in Athens, Sydney and elsewhere

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-3 10:54:36 |Display all floors
Originally posted by olivita at 2008-3-3 07:32
                The prices were so high.
Maybe the chinese should have cheaper prices in the hotels.We ca ...

Of course it's expensive.... You should feel lucky if you could reserve a room....
Another day , another dollars!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-3 11:46:06 |Display all floors

supply and demand

That is because someone is willing to pay that price. I bet people will try to sell their hotel space during the games. I got a great plan too and it's free. It's call television.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-3 15:37:27 |Display all floors
Originally posted by satsu_jin at 2008-3-3 07:45

During the month of August all hotels in Beijing are occupied 100%. There are still some rooms available but at a premium price. Afaik during this time there is nothing available at a decent  ...

I do not know what happened to Athens or Australia maybe the locals could afford the prices.
          It is a pity for us not to be able to attend.The chinese all over China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-3 15:43:52 |Display all floors
see the game in home also a good choice,
as you mentioned, you live in beijing, so you feel the atmosphere about olympic.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-3 17:08:21 |Display all floors
Originally posted by herdsman at 2008-3-3 15:43
see the game in home also a good choice,
as you mentioned, you live in beijing, so you feel the atmosphere about olympic.

It is not for me only.I have no problem

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.