Author: chinadaily

China's rich prefer foreign brands: survey [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-2-26 00:52:02 |Display all floors
Originally posted by emucentral at 2008-2-24 05:42

no subtlety whatsoever.  

No emu...when have you known me to be subtle?

I actually had one during most of 2006 - but only a 3.5L; I wanted a Hemi but the !@%$ cheap company I was consulting for wouldn't spring for a Hemi. Even the 3.5 cost nearly 500 grand RMB with plates and insurance and such. It was an import, made in Austria so the import tax was dear, and the GPS was only in German. The domestic made ones are just over 350 grand.

I actually really enjoyed it, very fast, very stable - what with all the Mercedes parts. Also among the safest cars on the road today. Crash test figures - available on the interweb - are front, rear and passenger side=5 out of 5; driver's side door=4 out of 5.

Biggest problem was the weight - very heavy, cost of gas - very expensive due to another of the biggest problems - my right foot.

My only real beef was the interior, but the 2008 is supposed to have better interior; and of course that the only color option for the interior was "beige."

If, by the time I win the lottery, they are making the Hemi in China, it will be hard to resist - especially if they have a color option for the interior...if not, the Q7 is - at this point and barring anything striking my fancy in the interim - will be my choice...a black one of course.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-26 13:42:41 |Display all floors

Reply #14 levelup's post

wonderful! people wanna become the focus of other's eyes
yes, it's knob-value!  from this perspective we can understand why someone spend much more on just buying a pair of shoes! we should know that if that is what he or she want without any harm or injury to anyone then i think it's ok! i accept that ! cause it's a reality!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-26 13:51:03 |Display all floors
Originally posted by canchin at 2008-2-26 02:52
...very expensive due to another of the biggest problems - my right foot....

Yes, that is an expensive problem.
I had the same problem with my Landrover even though it was a long way short of performance in the acceleration department.

Fortunately my turbo Subaru is not so wallet punishing when I put my foot down!
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-27 06:58:17 |Display all floors
ZG,

Really, I only allow leather to be used for belts, clasps and shoes. Beyond that, I feel guilty because something had to die for the sake of fashion. Of course, it helps that I don't really like leather anyhow.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-29 16:10:27 |Display all floors
most foreign brands are producing their products in China. it's just the matter of time for China brand to catch up the foreign brands. the one totally prefer foreign brands are unmature. i have to say in some fields,China bands are doing not well,such as auto,i prefer BMW too cos China auto brand can't produce the same high quality auto as BMW.. but in some fields we are doing well. such as lining,the quality of lining shoes are as good as nike now.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-29 16:51:45 |Display all floors
Canchin, are you in the automotive field?
I've seen Chinese sports cars, so on what basis do you assume that the quality would be better? Why do you think that the Chinese could make BETTER Lambos than the ITALIANS?

That is like saying that the Brazilians could make better silk than the Chinese... and the Germans make better dumplings...
"Finch...stay away from that Ficus! That's a jizz-free Ficus."- Steve Stiffler

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-3 16:26:19 |Display all floors
only the luxury band of product they buy can indicate their social position.the chinese consumer  who buy the luxury product  may be a little stupid ,i think consumer could buy some the quality is better,but not by the brand.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.