Author: chinadaily

China's rich prefer foreign brands: survey [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-2-22 15:21:50 |Display all floors
I think only those commodities which have better quality and design than chinese ones will be choosed by consumers, such as cars, perfumes, red wines etc.

Why we have to choose foreign brands if we need tea, silk, chinaware  which we have good ones?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-22 15:36:50 |Display all floors
Actually , I think not only the rich prefers the foreign brands.

Many ordinary people prefer foreign brands too. Many people would rather spend more than half money to buy a shirt that was made in a foreign country than buy a "made in China " which may offers better quality and better style. They do so, as many of  my friends tell me, is for the "made abroad", but not for the quality and style. Sigh.

I am not against products" made abroad", but buying a imported product just because it is imported seems very ridiculous to me.

[ Last edited by lacaterina at 2008-2-22 03:38 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-22 15:44:42 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-22 16:15:34 |Display all floors
So we'd better to open wide our eyes when shopping, not be blind just for a brand.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-22 16:58:37 |Display all floors
Originally posted by joyceice at 2008-2-22 16:15
So we'd better to open wide our eyes when shopping, not be blind just for a brand.

Sure. :):)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-22 17:17:46 |Display all floors
products of foreign brands, especially luxurious ones, usually have fashionable appearance, good quality and cost much more then domestic ones. for these aspects most people, not    only richs, like foreign brands. they just want to express their exquisite character by occupying  these brands.
it's a common phenomenon among most of chinese. this year when i went back to my hometown to take my spring festival, i found its epidemic to own a pair of shoes with brand of nike or addidas in the village. these shoes often cost them 800 yuan or even more then 1000yuan.if you have  shoes of  LiNing, then you will be despised.
more often if a BMW car  passed, you will see many people immediately make remarks on the car, from its type and price, to its yarage and capability of its engine. china might have most experts on BMW car in the world. that explains why people prefer BMW, because they want become the focus of others'sight.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-22 17:23:50 |Display all floors
Originally posted by chinadaily at 2008-2-22 10:35
BEIJING (AFP) - Chanel, BMW and French wines are the preferred choices for affluent consumers in China, even if they have to pay a premium for foreign luxury, a survey showed.

More than 56 per ...

It's a trend that not just rich people choose foreign brands... When buying clothers, a great majority of my classmates are prone to buy nike,adidas rather than lining or other national brands. When it comes to mobile phone, Nokia is their first choice.... Personally, I did buy some international commodities,especially electronic products.Maybe it's partially because of vanity that cause us to purchase foreign brands....
Another day , another dollars!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.