Author: chinadaily

Companies leave China as manufacturing costs rise [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-6-19 17:16:24 |Display all floors
Originally posted by greendragon at 2008-6-18 10:41
to be a manufacturing powerhouse, you need a lot of "conditions" to be available.

i don't think many nation fits the picture.
otherwise, low low income nation in Africa, India, South  ...

manufacturing powerhouse is only a milestone in approaching higher goal, large scale industrial transformation is underway, we have successfully surpassed a critical turning point and right now ....we will stroke to white-hot, and we will deliver a magic growth you never dare to think before, first cityscape cluster will soon grow up in those delta regions in coming decades...get ready to spot

[ Last edited by heshen at 2008-6-19 05:22 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-19 17:37:13 |Display all floors

hey, which industry is leaving

of course, if the foreign companies that sell cheap products will have to find other countries to produce. For example, like low value goods mouse and mouse pad or some others goods sensitive to price increase.

As far I as know, some foreign companies can not leave china for global strategical reason. China will be the economy power house for the world.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-19 17:48:10 |Display all floors
Originally posted by i2vision at 2008-6-19 17:37
of course, if the foreign companies that sell cheap products will have to find other countries to produce. For example, like low value goods mouse and mouse pad or some others goods sensitive to pr ...

a big growing market is in China!!!

How can they leave???
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-19 18:13:14 |Display all floors

why US can not produce garment and shoe?

Whenever they want to buy something from china, they will jack up U$ exchange rate.

Whenever they have enough stock level, they will deflate the U$ and talk about the groommy  outlook and dark cloud over china economy .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-19 20:32:36 |Display all floors
Originally posted by markwu at 2/22/2008 02:59 AM
i am particularly concerned for the old people, of whom China has many. How are the young ones to be able to support them directly or through the State if the young ones themselves face creeping inflation while more and more get into the job market each year and job growth may be affected by contraction of foreign markets as  well as increasing competition?  This is an issue places like the US congress and EC protectionists conveniently forget to recognize whenever they pressure China through calls for revaluation and tariffs.

On the other hand, the Government cannot be subsidizing for everything; that will disincentize enterprise and cause hoarding while reducing the competitive edge that China must constantly sharpen.

I leave to better minds this troubling challenge.

Hate to say it Mark - but the U.S. Congress and folks of the E. C. answer to the old and young folks in the U.S. and the E. C.

As it stands - there has been a very deep undercurrent of nationalism swelling up in the U.S. - from those old folks that saw their jobs got to Mexico, then China, then elsewhere.  The most you are going to get as a response from these generations is "Welcome to the club, see you got the shaft too."
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-19 20:35:14 |Display all floors
Originally posted by i2vision at 6/19/2008 04:37 AM
hey, which industry is leaving

of course, if the foreign companies that sell cheap products will have to find other countries to produce. For example, like low value goods mouse and mouse pad or some others goods sensitive to price increase.

As far I as know, some foreign companies can not leave china for global strategical reason. China will be the economy power house for the world.  

Heard similar lines from the U.A.W. in the 1970's and 1980's when most of the U.S. textile industry was shipped overseas.  There is no industry that is 100% bulletproof to offshoring.

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-19 20:37:38 |Display all floors
Originally posted by greendragon at 6/17/2008 09:41 PM
to be a manufacturing powerhouse, you need a lot of "conditions" to be available.

i don't think many nation fits the picture.
otherwise, low low income nation in Africa, India, South Asia, Latin America would be assembly or manufacturing powerhouses!

Sorry, but the same was said about Mexico and China before in 1980s and 1990s.  Like Mexico, China is about to face a very nasty slap to the face - and the residents of P.R. China cannot just - "run for the border" to relieve the stress.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.