Author: gotohell

Why do Europeans Hate Americans? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-2-18 10:51:32 |Display all floors

Reply #11 --- gotohell's post...

Similar actions by other nations/individuals is not an excuse for terrible acts, but the fact you focus exclusively on the events that occurred in North America does lend credence to the claims you are anti-American and hate the United States.

Why do you avoid discussing this issue on a global level?  All empires the rose and fell in Europe, the Americas (before Europeans discovered them) and Asia (specifically China) did so by conquering other states and cultures.  The defeated were often tolerated only as slaves, and the cultures absorbed or eliminated by the victors.  Chinese dynasties were no different.  Particularly the first recognized Chinese emperor who standardized many facets of life at the expense of other cultures and many lives.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-18 11:14:03 |Display all floors

Oh, I don't think that is Correct!

I'm pretty sure that impression is not correct.

After all, in the last century the Americans twice liberated Europe with a little help from some other people whose nationalities I can't just remember right now.

And then when that was all done, they set up the Marshall Plan to help those poor buggers (friends and former enemies) to get back on their feet.

So, any time, I was travelling in Europe, I always sewed an American flag on my backback so I won't be mistaken for a Canadian.

As a pretend-American I'd be able to bask in the gratitude and adulation than most Europeans feel towards the good ole USA, and maybe score a few free drinks and meals, along the way.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-18 16:44:43 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ronglimeng at 2008-2-18 11:14

After all, in the last century the Americans twice liberated Europe with a little help from some other people whose nationalities I can't just rem ...

Some ignorant Americans claimed that they save the French during world war 2 and gave them billions of dollars but the French don't see it that way. They reckoned that it was spent on military expenses.

Remember, it was the French that saved the Americans during their War of Independence war!

Harol Pinter, Nobel Prize winner said:
"You have to hand it to America. It has exercised a quite clinical manipulation of power worldwide while masquerading as a force of universal good. It's a brilliant, highly sucessfull act of hypnosis..."
You will reap what you sow!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-18 16:46:09 |Display all floors
Originally posted by gotohell at 2008-2-17 20:01
Watch what the French think of Americans:

What Do The French Think Of America?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=CKivAiL6Ios&feature=related

It seems that these 9 year old children know more about america and current affairs than most American adults on this forum. They are much smarter than American kids. They see the USA as a negative country which eats only hamburgers and sends its men to the war. I love how the french kids bash Bush.

Children of this age typically repeat what they hear from adults and the media. So we can conclude that they speak of widely shared opinions shaped by the French media who portrays America as an arrogant violent oil powered war machine.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-18 17:15:07 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-18 18:54:18 |Display all floors
Originally posted by zglobal at 2008-2-18 17:15
Why do Europeans hate Americans?

You need to ask the Germans, French and even some Brits that question.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-18 21:18:09 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.