Views: 4933|Replies: 17

What's a fourth-grader? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-2-17 14:28:13 |Display all floors
The senator from New York even sent a damning letter to NBC and demanded "appropriate action." "I am a mom first and a candidate second, and I found the remark incredibly offensive," she said.

(Shuster was suspended indefinitely for the remark, made February 7 when he was a guest host for Tucker Carlson. MSNBC said Thursday that the suspension will end February 22.)

Even a fourth-grader apparently can't get through to the press-shy Chelsea Clinton.

Scholastic News "kid reporter" Sydney Rieckhoff was in pursuit of a story as she questioned presidential candidates last month on the campaign trail in Iowa, according to The Associated Press.

Approaching Chelsea Clinton, she reportedly asked, "Do you think your dad would be a good 'first man' in the White House?"
Talk in English rather than talking about English.

Use magic tools Report

rovi297 has been deleted
Post time 2008-2-17 14:37:27 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-17 14:43:44 |Display all floors
Thank you, Rovi! But I think it might refer to other. I would feel abrupt to connect " a senior student" with " the first daughter".

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-17 14:44:20 |Display all floors
Originally posted by rovi297 at 2008-2-17 14:37
a year-four student, I THINK.

I agree with Rovi.

"fourth-grader" means (小学)四年级学生.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-17 14:46:14 |Display all floors
Originally posted by rainbow at 2008-2-17 14:43
Thank you, Rovi! But I think it might refer to other. I would feel abrupt to connect " a senior student" with " the first daughter".

In the U.S "student" can mean "pupil".

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-17 14:54:10 |Display all floors
Thanks, guys.  I suppose it means Clintons' daughter is too shy to be reached even by a kid. Right?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-17 14:59:43 |Display all floors
Originally posted by rainbow at 2008-2-17 14:54
Thanks, guys.  I suppose it means Clintons' daughter is too shy to be reached even by a kid. Right?

I totally agree with you, Rainbow.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.