Author: herdsman

US satellite shot a weapon test? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-2-21 15:45:52 |Display all floors
Though I will be happy if the tank was destroyed (and no debris causes any deaths), I suspect the success of this hit will not be good for global anti-proliferation. Considering that this satellite was moving at a comparable rate to an ICBM, and the missle was a reprogrammed missle from the "missle shield" defense system.... the Russians are not going to be happy. They will likely move to counter such a defense system with an increase of ICBM numbers.
Though there are treaties, the Bush administration's complete disregard of previous treaties gives us no standing to complain if they choose to disregard them as well . I feel there is going to be a return to an uncomfortable period for the world.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-22 16:22:04 |Display all floors
Originally posted by cbcronin at 2008-2-21 15:45
Though I will be happy if the tank was destroyed (and no debris causes any deaths), I suspect the success of this hit will not be good for global anti-proliferation. Considering that this satellite ...

yes , i agree with you , this is also a potential threaten to china , so our country should invest more money  in millitary

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-23 19:39:12 |Display all floors
Originally posted by joyceice at 2008-2-21 14:08
I don't believe it is just a simple plan to shoot down a damaged spy satellite!

i also think american people have use this chance to trial their weapon.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-23 20:16:38 |Display all floors
i also think american people have use this chance to trial their weapon

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-23 21:17:54 |Display all floors
Originally posted by saj2go at 2008-2-23 20:16

hehe  

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.