Author: gotohell

India, China will be growth engines: Indian PM [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-3-2 15:01:45 |Display all floors
Cultural self-confidence isn't a necessary condition for growth, rather it springs out of development later. China still isn't culturally self-confident and continues to emulate the West in most respects.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2008-3-2 16:15:23 |Display all floors
@ northwest

Thanks for sharing this well researched article with us.  I really do like to read Kishore Mahbubani political and historical analyses of East Asia.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-2 21:35:54 |Display all floors
I have the answer to this puzzle:

Originally posted by northwest at 2008-3-2 09:31
Today, the puzzle is why Asian societies, long in the doldrums, are now successful.

Because Asians are smarter and not have to steal other people's countries.

Whites had to loot, rape, pillage and steal to get ahead.
Even after getting ahead, they put into place mechanisms to keep every other nation back.
You will reap what you sow!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-2 21:40:51 |Display all floors
Originally posted by northwest at 2008-3-2 09:32
The Asian economies now produce almost 40% of global GDP, but they have only a minority stake in the world's cultural industries, from film to TV, from books to print media. No Asian TV channel currently can match cnn or the BBC. This distorts global perspectives. The world sees Asia through Western eyes. Asians have yet to explain themselves in their own terms to the rest of the world.

Come on my Asian brothers and sisters, let us sort this out.

Let us buy up the western film industries and media so that we can present facts and truths to benefit mankind and not just white people.
You will reap what you sow!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-3 09:12:16 |Display all floors
interesting:

You admitted to me you were flat broke and could not afford to get to a big city.  You even private messaged me asking for book suggestions on finance.  I told you publicly that I don’t feel books are the best way to learn finance.  It’s better to get to a big city and learn finance by gaining real world experience from actual work, and putting deals together.  I can tell you I learned more real world finance in the first year after graduate school, putting deals together, than I did all thru MBA graduate school.  That’s the difference between being book smart where someone is focused on textbook theories but have no real world experience, versus someone who has plenty of real world experience, and where the academic credentials is just secondary.   

My bankers, and fellow investors have never asked to see my academic report card, but they always ask to see my financial statements, and want to know the deals I’ve put together, both past and present, as it should be.  People who de-emphasize actual real world experience, just like the people who de-emphasize money and finance, are usually the same people who have neither.  That’s you Schreiber, as you mistakenly focus too much on theories, logic, and all the things that do not result in financial success, so I’m not surprised you are a financial failure.  If you set aside your ego long enough, you might learn lessons from the real world so one day you can make some real money.  But for now, pestering me just makes you look pathetically jealous.

Walker’s prophecy was not talking about how Rome fell.  Once again, you focus on the wrong thing.  The Comptroller General is the Chief Accountant for USA, so his assessment matters.  He didn’t focus on useless economic theories, but on the financial bottom line, as summarized by our nation’s financial statement.  Since you are a financial lightweight still trying to learn finance from books, and still just trying to learn the finance topic, you are not qualified to assess his financial conclusions.  Your sad financial state should already tell you how unqualified you are, since you lack financial acumen, but your ego prevents you from honestly see it.  I pity you, as your ego is limiting your financial success.  

I don’t confuse economic theories, with financial reality, and that is one reason we have vastly different results.  You can continue to waste your life away with economic theories, and writing your book about logic (laugh), as I will continue to do deals blissfully aware of the important differences.
Learn, as if your life will never end!

Live, as if your life will end today!  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-3 17:03:28 |Display all floors
Raymond,

I currently live in Los Angeles. I moved here over a month ago.

Your run of assumptions is another piece of evidence against you.

[ Last edited by interesting at 2008-3-3 02:57 PM ]
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-4 13:11:32 |Display all floors
Originally posted by interesting at 2008-3-3 17:03
Raymond,

I currently live in Los Angeles. I moved here over a month ago.

Your run of assumptions is another piece of evidence against you.

this is like Hilarry telling Obama you lack experienced, you talk only but she FORGETs her Hubby had that LEWDSINKSY experience
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.