Views: 4117|Replies: 2

天蓝色的彼岸, The Great Blue Beyond, C-E practice [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-2-14 00:36:24 |Display all floors
Just to be clear, I am a native-English speaker learning Chinese. The book this is from was originally written in English, then translated to Chinese (the Chinese you see here), and I am translating to English. (I have never seen the real English one, maybe afterwards I can compare! haha!)

请告诉我这个中文translation 好不好, 因为如果不太好我不要continue learning from it.

天蓝色的彼岸

第一章  在天国排队
Chapter 1 - Lining up at Heaven

"欢迎您来到另一个世界”
                “Welcome to another world”

人人都觉得,走完人生的旅途,尘世上的事情就一了百了了,死后不是长眠地下永久得到安息,就是进入天国省心享福了。其实远不是那么一回事,至少对小孩来说满不是那么一回事。
        Everyone thinks that at the end of this life’s journey your mundane affairs will come to an end, that after death it’s either a long everlasting sleep, or you go to Heaven where your heart can live in comfort and happiness. Actually it’s far from being like that, at least from a kid’s perspective it’s not that way.

你刚进入天国,一群成年“人”就围了上来。

Just as you enter Heaven, a crowd of older “people” come up and surround you.

“哦,小鬼!”。
“Hey Little One!”

“小不点,你是来找你妈妈的吗?”
“[?], have you come to look for your mother’s soul?”

“不是”,当你告诉他们,“我妈妈还活着呢!”他们就会大惊小怪起来:
“啧啧!这太不像话了!”听那口气,好像我这么小就不应该死,好像我犯了多大的错误似的。他们看上去就像是在谴责我在进天国时加了塞儿,抢了别人的位置。
        “No”, you abruptly tell them, “my mother is still alive!” At once they gather and make a big fuss, “Tsk tsk! This is just outrageous!” Hearing their tone, it’s as if I’m too young to be dead, like I’ve committed some big offense. It seems like they’re criticizing my timing, for squeezing into Heaven and taking other people’s places.  

“在那边的人,总是按年龄和经验来判断谁能干什么,谁不能干什么!”看来阿瑟(我一会就会说到阿瑟)的话还真对,天国“那边”的人也跟“家乡”的人一样。
            “Those people over there, they always check the age and experience to see who can or can’t do what! Apparently what Asuh, (later I’ll speak to Asuh) says is still true, Heaven’s ‘that side’ people and ‘native’ people are the same.

阿瑟把我称作“家乡”的地方叫“这边”,把死人呆的地方叫“那边”,但我不喜欢这样叫。

Asuh called me a ‘native’ or ‘this side’ person, and he called the dead people who will stay here ‘that side’ people, but I don’t like this way.  

I am SO CONFUSED with the blue parts! I really tried for an hour but I don't understand who they are calling "this side / that side / native" people.

And is 阿瑟 a real person or name I should know? I don't know how to write it.

[ Last edited by freakyqi at 2008-2-14 12:58 AM ]
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-14 01:11:05 |Display all floors
    “在那边的人,总是按年龄和经验来判断谁能干什么,谁不能干什么!”看来阿瑟(我一会就会说到阿瑟)的话还真对,天国“那边”的人也跟“家乡”的人一样。
            “Those people over there, they always check the age and experience to see who can or can’t do what! Apparently what Arthur, (later I’ll speak of Arthur) said is really true: the people ‘over there’ in Heaven and the people ‘over here’ in this ‘native land’ are the same.

阿瑟把我称作“家乡”的地方叫“这边”,把死人呆的地方叫“那边”,但我不喜欢这样叫。

Arthur called what I call ‘native land’  ‘over here’, and he called the place where dead people stay 'over there’, but I don’t like the way he called them.

You're improving by leaps and bounds in your Chinese learning, dear freakyqi. Congratulations!:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-14 01:43:39 |Display all floors
Thank you!!! Now I think I get it! That "over here / over there" stuff was confusing!!! I don't think I would've gotten it without you tumu! :hug

And Arthur! Haha... I didn't know that, so easy! Thanks!

My chinese is still not that good, I mean look, I wrote ENGLISH above, not chinese! haha

Just for fun, I just counted - there were 24 new hanzi in that section above. And of course quite a few new phrases even when I knew the hanzi. For example, I know these 4 hanzi but I've never seen them together:
大惊小怪

So "thank you" to mouseover dictionaries!
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.