Author: gotohell

US Marine accused of rape in Japan [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-2-19 08:48:33 |Display all floors
The other point is that the quality of American foot soldiers has dropped ( if that is possible ). With 350,000 pairs of Jackboots marching around the globe , week end soldiers are your tailors , butchers , candle sick makers . They are the rejects and unemployable lured into uniforms with play station games and " overseas travels " .  Need I say more . At home most of them would be behind bars anyway .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-19 11:19:08 |Display all floors

Reply #30 mengzhi's post

I think the US CG said that if proven guilty, the offender would face justice in a Japanese court.........read it somewhere but could be wrong. I, for the record, agree with you mengzhi, on this one!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-20 03:17:09 |Display all floors

Legal terms 101

Originally posted by mengzhi at 2008-2-15 08:01

#1.  I would have thought that it has EVERYTHING to do with the victim ( 14 year old girl ) and her family !  No ?  They don't work like that in the States ?  Pardon me ..  ...

Well silly Menghzi we all know that the race issue is THE ONLY issue for you.
So of course you cannot get over the ethnicity of the victim.
And you are shocked that the rest of the world does not check skin colour first and then bang their gavels accordingly.
Hard to believe for you. I know.

Originally posted by mengzhi at 2008-2-15 08:01

#2.  This is not war ,buddy and this is not related to a territory at the time of surrender . The WWII has ended 52 years ago , remember ?  Japan is called a " sovereign " nation .  I know , I know , Yankees don't stand on such trivialities or ceremonies . You are superior and you are allowed to rape, murder , torture and arrest anyone anywhere anytime .  I am forgetting my place , right ?

No but you are forgetting your dictionary.
Extraterritoriality has nothing to do with WW2 or any war.
It is a legal principle.
Nothing to do with conquest.
Of course, to a white-bashing radical such as yourself the law gets in the way of some good ol' fashion hating and you wish it would just go away.

Again, no one is surprised at how you combine your racist hatred with blind ignorance and deliver the vile concoction with such a charming condescending tone!
Keep on goose-stepping "buddy"!

[ Last edited by scarylaowei at 2008-2-20 03:33 AM ]
A riot is an ugly thing.... and I think it's just about time we had one.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-20 03:52:01 |Display all floors

You are right buddy , it is about RACE .

# 38 Reply to scarylaowei ,

Goose-stepping ? You don't say ? I have always fancied myself marching in the ranks of the Hitler Youth , attired in one of the smartest uniform in military history and do a  Heil Hitler ! But nah , I can't . The mirror tells me so .

This brings me back to your concerns :

#1.  "Extra territoriality " indeed . Is this the code put out by the Americans which translated reads " I can do whatever I like to you but you must not complain " ?  Look buddy  , the best users of English are actually non English speakers ( as mother tongue ). Stop being a brat and observe some fair play and justice man .

#2.  "Race is the only issue " you accused me there . Duh , to this 14 year old Japanese child , and her family , race seems to be the ONLY issue . Otherwise why are the perpetrators of crimes against her not being arrested by the local constabulary , as one would expect ?  It is ALL RACE man , ALL RACE . It is a pity that the Japanese government is so pathetic as to allow this bullying and humiliating of her people to continue 60 years after surrender . Is there no more dignity in the Land of the Rising Sun ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-20 04:03:19 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mengzhi at 2008-2-20 03:52
#1.  "Extra territoriality " indeed . Is this the code put out by the Americans which translated reads " I can do whatever I like to you but you must not complain " ?  .

Of course it isn't.  It's just international law and predates the US.
It means that the laws of the accused's nation (e.g., the US) apply to the accused when he is posted outside of that nation.  I'm sure a Chinese serviceman on duty outside of China would be tried according to Chinese law and not seized by the host nation for trial.

#2.  "Race is the only issue " you accused me there . Duh , to this 14 year old Japanese child , and her family , race seems to be the ONLY issue .

Odd, most people would expect the issue would be proving the attack on their poor daughter and helping her get over the trauma... not comparing skin colour.  

By the way what is the colour of the accused?
All I know is that he's a 38 year old American.
I suspect you'll know his race, naturally because as you say.....

#2.  It is ALL RACE man , ALL RACE .

Wow, do you need a moment? You're frothing at the mouth!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-20 04:59:49 |Display all floors
Scary,

Yeah, extraterritoriality is usually pursued for military forces stationed overseas. The reasons vary but the most common ones are (1) laws are generally the same and diplomatic pressure tends to keep enforcement fair, making it simply an expense to hire and train people schooled in local legal idiosyncracies; (2) some regions have punishments no country beyond them will allow their people to be exposed to (the Middle East comes immediately to mind); (3) military personnel turned over to a foreign government always represent a national security issue, even if only a small one.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-20 05:05:09 |Display all floors
Originally posted by interesting at 2008-2-20 04:59
Scary,

Yeah, extraterritoriality is usually pursued for military forces stationed overseas. The reasons vary but the most common ones are (1) laws are generally the same and diplomatic pressure  ...

well WE both know that... and you'd think that pointing out that the same principle is applied to forces stationed anywhere in the world and not just in Asian countires would count... but why do we bother?
Like really?
Can you even hear me over the loud sound of this BBS sucking?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.