Views: 21645|Replies: 118

US Marine accused of rape in Japan [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-2-11 20:14:39 |Display all floors
US Marine accused of rape in Japan
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/world/2008-02/11/content_6449017.htm
Updated: 2008-02-11 15:56

TOKYO - A US Marine accused of raping a 14-year-old girl in southern Japan was arrested Monday, but the suspect denied the allegation, police said.

Police took custody of Tyrone Luther Hadnott, 38, of Camp Courtney in Okinawa, an Okinawa police official said on condition of anonymity citing policy. Hadnott's hometown was not immediately available. He has not been charged.

Under a mutual security pact, the United States has about 50,000 troops deployed around Japan. Most of them are based on Okinawa and tensions over potential accidents, land use and troop-related crimes are common.

In 1995, the rape of a schoolgirl in Okinawa by three American servicemen sparked large-scale protests. The three served prison terms of six and a half to seven years.

Hadnott, a Marine staff sergeant, is alleged to have offered to take the girl to her home on his motorbike on Sunday, but then took her to his house instead, another local police official told The Associated Press.

When the girl started crying, he said he would drive her home, but he is accused of then raping her in a car, the official said, also speaking on condition of anonymity in line with policy.

Hadnott told investigators he forced the girl down and kissed her, but that he did not rape her, the official said.

Lt. Gen. Bruce Wright, commander of US Forces in Japan, said the US was aware of the "serious allegations in Okinawa."

"(We) are closely monitoring the situation while fully cooperating with Japanese officials," Wright said in a statement. "If the allegations are true, our hearts are with the victim and family."

A woman strolls an area where Tyrone Luther Hadnott, a 38-year-old marine of Camp Courtney in Okinawa, is believed to meet a Japanese schoolgirl, in Okinawa city, southern Japan, Monday, Feb. 11, 2008. [Agencies]
area.jpg
You will reap what you sow!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-11 20:28:37 |Display all floors
Why the Japanese not kick these people out?

It doesn't matter where you put these paedophile neanderthals they rape children.
Wherever American soldiers are they rape minors.
It has happened in Iraq, Korea, Phillipines, Kosovo, etc.

It is obvious that there are prostitutes to fulfill their needs, but no, they prefer very young children.
Watch how the American military let him off!

I wonder if the KKK members on this forum are going to condemn this action or just attack me for reporting it!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-11 21:19:08 |Display all floors
So, one person out of 50,000 commits a rape and they are all "neanderthals"?  I have family members and friends in the American military and none of them are pedophiles or rapists.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-11 21:41:49 |Display all floors
Originally posted by unimane at 2008-2-11 21:19
So, one person out of 50,000 commits a rape and they are all "neanderthals"?  I have family members and friends in the American military and none of them are pedophiles or rapists.

And, you don't think that it is wrong to rape children?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-11 21:54:04 |Display all floors
Well, I am an American, so I must love to kill people and rape children, right? That's the gist of all of your posts, correct?

What does your response have to do with anything? I think we can all agree on the fact that raping children is not acceptable as well as the fact that one person committing that act does not represent 50,000.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-12 00:50:21 |Display all floors
Originally posted by unimane at 2008-2-11 21:54
Well, I am an American, so I must love to kill people and rape children, right? That's the gist of all of your posts, correct?

What does your response have to do with anything? I think we can al ...

Ha!

Hi there unimane!

This thread was meant to incite, not discuss.

It is part of the face that some foreigners want to foist upon the face of the Chinese. I think the author of this thread hides behind the Chinese people's face to release his pent-up anger. The demons of his psychotic rage is some obscure and unreachable target -- 'white' people. Westerners, Americans, US Marines ... some group of people that have clearly insidious designs on the world because of their faulty DNA, evolution or whatever.

I apologize for the misbehavior of this strong forum devotee, gothell -- although his name should indicate to you the nature of this person.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-12 01:12:43 |Display all floors
I agree, it was meant to incite. I don't think Americans are beyond reproach at all. I can spend an hour talking about things we do that annoy and anger me about my people. However, it does seem to get out of hand on this site at times.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.