Views: 10642|Replies: 32

I LOVE FIREWORKS!!!!! (now with pics!) [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-2-6 17:52:54 |Display all floors
Ok, I know they're expensive, and a waste of money that could be going to feed poor people, and they're dangerous, to make and to set off, and some people are idiots and use them irresponsibly, but...

I hear constant nonstop fireworks already tonight, and it's not even dark yet. I was here in Bejing last year at this time, and it's SUCH an EXCITING FEELING. I loved them int he US too, on the 4th of July (our national day), they made me feel excited then too, but here it's ALL THE TIME, for A WEEK.... I can't help smiling when I hear a lot of them all at once.

I love it!

I'm so happy, and I don't even know why.

Why does all this NOISE make me feel so GOOD??? (shrugging shoulders man)

It must create some adrenalin or something, right? Like that fear chemical that makes us feel a little hyper, therefore excited (because I'm not really scared, my brain knows it's a holiday, not really a war or something)... it's not entirely the holiday itself, though people DO seem more friendly and happy at this time. I like fireworks in other situations too.

Ahhh,.....

Ok, I'll stop analysing now... time to hop in the shower, then dinner with some friends for chinese new year!

I'm so excited!

PEACE and LOVE and WARM FAMILY STUFF and NO WORRIES to EVERYONE!!!!

:)

Woo-hoo!!!!

[ Last edited by freakyqi at 2008-2-7 03:18 PM ]
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-6 17:55:08 |Display all floors
YAY!!!!!!!!!!! we have a big country house and we have bought so many pretty fancy fireworks hahha yay!!!!!!!!!!! they are about to be lit in ...3 hours roughly. yay!!!!!!!!!!
dead

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-6 18:13:22 |Display all floors
..with a big emphasis on expensive, 10 dollars can get you a whole 10 seconds of enjoyment~yay~

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-7 00:46:41 |Display all floors
We can buy all kind of fireworks in Ontario imported from China...$200 (CND) worth of fireworks can last for an hour...that is if you don't set them off all at once!...one time we have our neighbors organized (for the Canada day celebration)...3 households were involved in the ultimate fireworks show...and what a display it was!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-7 00:49:00 |Display all floors
Originally posted by thunderbird at 2008-2-7 00:46
We can buy all kind of fireworks in Ontario imported from China...$200 (CND) worth of fireworks can last for an hour...that is if you don't set them off all at once!...one time we have our neighbor ...

Hey T-bird what part of Ontario are you from?
Good Gweilo: My job is the ideological quality control

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-7 00:58:19 |Display all floors

to freakyqi

Originally posted by freakyqi at 2008-2-6 17:52
Ok, I know they're expensive, and a waste of money that could be going to feed poor people, and they're dangerous, to make and to set off, and some people are idiots and use them irresponsibly, but ...

yes , for the one side , it is waste of money , i think one second in the sky"firework in beijing  is worth 10million RMB, maybe even more,;but for the otherside ,  it is very tradition for our chinese , with the voice , we come to a new year , i wish you like beijing , i like , i use work in there  two years , build subway station ,  i like you thread ,

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-7 01:01:48 |Display all floors
Fireworks freaky?
I'm surprised you're not duckin' and coverin' like any American...thinking you're underfire...
Happy New Year!
Good Gweilo: My job is the ideological quality control

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.