Author: gotohell

Shooting in America   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-2-6 07:21:43 |Display all floors
Originally posted by wowzers at 2008-2-6 01:16
And your next silly claim is what?

Just wait until GTH/Chunderama opens his mouth.
Guaranteed that something silly will come out.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-6 07:59:41 |Display all floors
There is no comparison between China and America.  Americas are trained to be violent and inconsiderate since birth.  The Chinese are trained culturally to help each other in time of need.  You just look at the recent natural disasters, and see for yourselves.  

Katrina.  Only about 10,000 or so disaster victims were housed for 5 days in the New Orleans sports stadium.  The filth, the stench, the chaos - it is as bad as any 3rd world refugee camp.  The excrement (they do it right there on the floor) was knee high.  The New Orleans City Convention Center also hosted about 10,000.   Gunshots (GUNSHOTS!!!) were heard daily.  The 50 or so policemen were actually driven out at gunpoint by the gun totting AMERICANS.  Violence, rape, robbery, beatings, etc., were daily happenings.  By August 30, the Mayor of New Orleans had to pull back 1,500 policemen and remove them from helping the victims, back to suppressing looting and open armed robberies that was spreading to the densely populated areas.   For quite a while New Orleans was out of control - rape, violence and attacks on law enforcement was rampant.

Natural disasters bring out the best of the Chinese, it brings out the worst from America - where irresponsibility has long been mistaken for FREEDOM.  American freedom means that there is no need to respect others.

The soldiers were then called in.  But they were not there to help with disaster relief.  They were there, backed by armored vehicles, and ordered to shoot and kill.  Louisiana governor Catherine Blanco on Sept. 1 stated that New Orleans still had 300,000 residents in the affected areas, and therefore just New Orleans will need 40,000 soldiers.  

Put that in perspective - in the Guangzhou train station alone there were 600,000 camped outdoors.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-6 12:56:48 |Display all floors
Originally posted by gotohell at 2008-2-5 23:10

I would like to see you walking around the Bronx or Wats on your own.

Sigh! The Americans themselves know it pretty well that it's really unsafe to walk in many cities in USA at night unless you're part of those gangsters in those places. I guess unfortunately many have already come to China to spread their unhealthy gangsters culture and lifestyle to our innocent young people.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-6 13:15:10 |Display all floors
Originally posted by correction at 2008-2-6 12:56

Sigh! The Americans themselves know it pretty well that it's really unsafe to walk in many cities in USA at night unless you're part of those gangsters in those places. I guess unfortunately ma ...

The truth is there are some areas in some US cities that you would not want to walk.
But the vast majority of Americans would have no reason to and are not affected by it.
The claim by gotohell that ALL cities are like this is ridiculous.

I don't understand why he and others are so obsessed by the US and white people for that matter.
Imagine getting up everyday and searching for dirt to post on a Chinese forum.
And at this auspicious time of the year?
What a sad and pitiful life!
Good Gweilo: My job is the ideological quality control

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-6 15:16:21 |Display all floors
Hold on there, boy! Whoa!

Originally posted by wowzers at 2008-2-6 13:15

I don't understand why he and others are so obsessed by the US and white people for that matter.
Imagine getting up everyday and searching for dirt to post on a Chinese forum.

Am, well has it got something to do that it was in the news? (Think)

And has it got something to do with the forum being called the United States? (Think)

We are just reporting the news as it is happening?

So what's your problem, bud?

Do you want us to lie and not comment on anything that is happening in the US?

OK everyone, lets lie and say that people are not blasting each other to kingdom come in the US! Satisfied, wowzers?
You will reap what you sow!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-6 15:22:04 |Display all floors
Originally posted by gotohell at 2008-2-6 15:16
Hold on there, boy! Whoa!

Am, well has it got something to do that it was in the news? (Think)

And has it got something to do with the forum being called the Un ...

To be frank, I don't care what you do or say!
But man I'd hate to be you!
Good Gweilo: My job is the ideological quality control

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-6 16:09:15 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tongluren at 2008-2-6 07:59
... Americas are trained to be violent and inconsiderate since birth.  The Chinese are trained culturally to help each other in time of need.  You jus ...

Trained? Hmm. Funny, I don't remember any training like that. In fact, I remember being taught by my grandmother (she's who raised me) and my teachers and other relatives to be very polite and kind and helpful. I remember being trained to not cut in line, and hold the door open for the person behind me no matter who it is, and to let old people go ahead first, and to share toys, and say please and thank you, and to not take too much of something when it's offered.... heck, If I'm on line at the supermarket with a bunch of stuff and the person behind me comes up with one thing, I tell them to go ahead of me.
(don't even tell me I'm a rarity, those behaviours are normal in the US)

Heck, I don't even like arguing on this forum when i see stupid s***.

Katrina was terrible, and so are all the other disasters that happen anywhere in the world when people are not prepared.
But there are hundreds of other stories where ordinary citizens risked their lives to help others. There are people with severe health problems right now that they will have for the rest of their lives and maybe even die unnaturally early because when the Twin Towers were falling, they chose to run toward them, to help, rather than away. And when some other disaster strikes, people are THERE.

When the little storm drains on my street would get clogged with leaves in the autumn thunderstorms, thereby flooding our street, what would happen? Would we call the city and get angry? Would we huddle at home thinking"oh well, it's flooded, we can't leave the house"? No, 3-4 men on our street would go out with rakes and shovels and wade through the knee-high water and go clear away the leaves from the drains. And they would stand out there in the brown water, chatting from across the street for a couple hours, continuously removing the leaves as they kept washing toward the drains.

Katrina was a terrible disaster and not handled well AT ALL, but it's hardly a fair cross section of how americans help each other.
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.