Author: gotohell

Shooting in America   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-2-5 12:51:52 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tradervic at 2008-2-5 12:31

Phew!! USA is such a dangerous country to live in, no wonder so many loawais are flocking to China to escape the harsh reality back home!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-5 12:53:09 |Display all floors
Originally posted by gotohell at 2008-2-5 08:54
There are so many nut cases in the US!

When will they stop blasting each other away with guns?

Probably around the same time china will stop making products with dangerous attributes that have also killed or hospitalized people, maybe the same number of people shot by nutcases in the US. Actually, probably china will do it sooner, because that problem is affecting people outside china too, so they're getting outside pressure, unlike the gun problem in the US (which isn't really a gun problem but more of a disturbed-individual problem), which people outside the US don't care much about unless they're visiting and worry they might go to a mall and get shot. (been to malls and schools all my life in the US, never been shot) So outsiders have fun complaining about such things in the US but don't actually care if something is done about it.

I'm not arguing or taking sides, really, I love china and hope it can wake up as peacefully and healthily as possible; and I'm from the US; I can see both their bad sides and both their good sides. I just got a feeling when seeing the OP's article as a post here that the same thing is going on from the other side, and it's a shame. Both countries have some serious problems, and the media and conservatives of both countries are quick to point them all out for the other.

Maybe I'll start a thread for positive articles about the US and China.
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-5 13:34:33 |Display all floors
Originally posted by correction at 2008-2-5 12:51

Phew!! USA is such a dangerous country to live in, no wonder so many loawais are flocking to China to escape the harsh reality back home!

I didn't come to china to escape anything, I came to learn what it's like to live in another place that's very different from the place I spent the first half of my life (maybe the first 1/3, I hope I'm not that old!)
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-5 13:49:19 |Display all floors
Originally posted by freakyqi at 2008-2-5 13:34

I didn't come to china to escape anything, I came to learn what it's like to live in another place that's very different from the place I spent the first half of my life (maybe the first 1/3, I ...

And the difference is that China is a lot more safer country than USA, with very low rate of violent crimes, no cases of public shootings and also its economy is booming, growing at more than 10% yearly!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-5 14:05:59 |Display all floors
Originally posted by correction at 2008-2-5 13:49

And the difference is that China is a lot more safer country than USA, with very low rate of violent crimes, no cases of public shootings and also its economy is booming, growing at more than 10% ...

Of course, there are a lot of great things about china. Some things I like better here, some things I like better there. But it's not true that "loawais are flocking to China to escape the harsh reality back home!".

If people want to escape the US they'd probably go to Canada or Europe where the lifestyle is similar. Waiguoren come to china because either they're interested in the culture and want to experience it for a while, and/or their company sends them here. Maybe some come alone to open their own business in hopes of making money.

But if people feel the need to flee america (and very few do) they most likely wouldn't choose china.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-5 15:07:28 |Display all floors
Man arrested in upstate NY mutilation attack

Associated Press - January 31, 2008 2:35 PM ET

MASSENA, N.Y. (AP) - Police are charging a 26-year-old upstate New York man in a vicious, mutilation attack on another man.

Massena police have a news conference scheduled for later Thursday to release details of the attack. Television reports say the victim was partly disemboweled, had his eyes gouged out and his genitalia mutilated.

The victim was taken to the hospital with life-threatening injuries but his condition at this point is unknown.

Police say the man they have in custody is Harry Klages Jr., who has a lengthy history of arrests, including an assault with a hammer.

Police say Klages was already facing charges related to another stabbing in Ogdensburg.

http://www.wcax.com/Global/story.asp?S=7803527&nav=menu183_2

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Man, no wonder no one feel safe walking about the streets at night in the US!

wackos, weirdos and psychos are prowling the streets in every state.
You will reap what you sow!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-5 15:14:00 |Display all floors
This sick disturbed act is nothing new .
This was a mutilation, not a simple stabbing.
This act took time and was clearly deliberate.

Why are these mental midgets so violent and sadistic?
You will reap what you sow!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.