不准确

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-3 13:30:09 |Display all floors

我们遵循的翻译新的原则,也是广泛接受的原则是

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-3 13:33:10 |Display all floors
If a foreigner know nothing about China, how could he hit the riddle?

I wonder if a person is not  able to write/speak English properly, how could s/he be capable of doing such a research.

Let stop bull----, and go down to earth.

[ Last edited by rainbow at 2008-2-3 01:34 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-3 13:34:33 |Display all floors
Originally posted by rainbow at 2008-2-2 19:45
HH, you say a mouthful. But to the best of my belief, poetry not only serves for the pleasure for our soul, but also for the catharsis of our emotions of joy, sorrow, reverence, hate. And I think t ...

Haha. What terrific English! Obviously, our sister rainbow has made tremendous progress in English studies. (Abruptly, it seems to me)
Well, a mouthful ain't enough, is it? Many people have written piles of books on the topic but we aren't any closer to anything similar to an agreement. Which makes me think that perhaps not enough has been said. Since they are short of hands ( and mouths), why not pitch in?
In many cases, I do think poems cannot be translated. Even in other cases where they are seemingly translated quite beautifully and "faithful" to the original work, I still see a lot of imperfection-----too much beauty is lost, and too much is added. Unlike the general writings, poetry is art, not merely a statement to deliver a desire, a request, an order that I would call "to-be-addressed message". It means much more. So I would agree with rovi on this point: 诗不达诂。
If winter comes, can spring be frozen ahead?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-3 13:45:12 |Display all floors
所以文化交流不仅仅是翻译的任务,也是教师的任务.
就比如说胡适把十四行诗译成汉语, 读者也还是看不出来到底这十四行和自由体有什么区别,
中国的七言、五言绝句, 翻译成英语也很难看出绝在什么地方。
假如外国人想听诗你就用中文念给他听吧。 让他感受中文的韵律之美。 然后对这首诗的含义和妙处进行详细解说。 这样会好很多。 这需要的是正版精美的影、音的效果。我也可以把这种形式称为翻译, 不过是突破了传统翻译的局限。
jarry 应该了解翻译的目的吧。 你可以把你所学的跟大家谈谈。
手握乾坤鼠, 茶溶四海秋. 心宽无大志, 戏赋欲还休.
Blog: http://www.blog.sina.com.cn/qujiangrong

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-3 13:52:22 |Display all floors
HH, thanks for your encouragement. Well, since" to say a mouthful" isn't enough, you can say that again, and again...

IMHO, however, we can't jump into an absolute conclusion that all the translations do not match the original ones well. For  free verse, there's much little striction for the concerns of feet, rhyme, rhythm etc.

[ Last edited by rainbow at 2008-2-3 01:54 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-3 13:56:59 |Display all floors
Originally posted by rainbow at 2008-2-3 13:52
HH, thanks for your encouragement. Well, since" to say a mouthful" isn't enough, you can say that again, and again...

IMHO, however, we can't jump into an absolut ...

there you go!
手握乾坤鼠, 茶溶四海秋. 心宽无大志, 戏赋欲还休.
Blog: http://www.blog.sina.com.cn/qujiangrong

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.