Author: gotohell

AMERICAN CONCENTRATION CAMPS [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-2-3 00:42:39 |Display all floors
Oh... it is hard to worry, when there is nothing to be had to begin with

Perhaps you need some rest, before I start again
New Sofa Set.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-3 01:37:18 |Display all floors
The wording "gottohell" is using is meant to be inflammatory, but the new presidential powers are disturbing. Though "gotohell" got his information from a fringe source, there is a new army reg. allowing for the rapid construction of prison facilities on army bases (contractred to Halliburton). The reg. primarily deals with legal use of non-violent federal prisoners for work on US military facilities, but there are some questionable lines that are disturbing.

http://www.army.mil/usapa/epubs/pdf/r210_35.pdf

It is likely that such facilities would be used to contain large populations after a biological/nuclear attack....but given the disposition of this administration to abuse power, I think that such powers are extremely dangerous (such as the one in the Homeland defense statute, allowing a president to define the threat necessary to declare emergency powers). If we in the U.S. do not re-establish the checks and balances intended by our fore-fathers, then I fear Orwell will become the Nostradamus of the 21st century.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-3 01:47:21 |Display all floors
Oh... it is hard to worry, when there is nothing to be had to begin with

What I tell you, Mr. TraderVic, you know better your country than me

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-3 04:03:22 |Display all floors
This American Patriot Friends Network  ( APFN ) seem interesting . It represents freedom of communication , expression and protests even.  Why don't those who know anything about this " fringe " source of information expand their views and let us get on with our education , discussion or debate.  These innuendo which reflexively ooze out from those who are self appointed Dubya apologists , without valid evidence , is the basic ill of forum posting .

Freedom of expression and communication is not confined to saying ONLY what YOU want to hear . Some inconvenient truths do lurk about the fringe . Eg : Guantanamo Bay resort center .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-3 04:45:41 |Display all floors
Originally posted by saj2go at 2/2/2008 11:47 AM
What I tell you, Mr. TraderVic, you know better your country than me

Oh, I would not say that - thanks to the forumites here, I keep introduced to many, many new websites.
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-3 04:51:21 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mengzhi at 2/2/2008 02:03 PM
Freedom of expression and communication is not confined to saying ONLY what YOU want to hear . Some inconvenient truths do lurk about the fringe . Eg : Guantanamo Bay resort center .  

Like the websites from H**** R**** Watch or A***** I****national?  I would try to post the websites - but the mods need a break.
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-3 11:39:56 |Display all floors
Trader the myth merchant chants on and on about American freedom , liberty and justice . Yet when it comes to the practice of it , he wants a one-way street of traffic . He is only happy when everyone praise and congratulate the achievements of Dubya . Any other point of view, dissent  or criticism is taken as anti-American , supporting terrorist group , jihadist  etc  . The gag and muzzle are always at the ready to ensure " national security " .

I think you and your ilk need to spend time sorting yourselves out first . Is Guantanamo Bay and Abu Ghraib the sort of  " freedom , liberty and justice " that you can abide by ? If yes , then don't ever complain about suicide bombing and planes into buildings please .

PS :  Do you know that HRW and AI do complain bitterly against the inhumane treatment of inmates at both your 5-Star torture chambers ?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.