Author: sexlion

Do you accept that AA paying, is it popular or parsimonious? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-2-2 02:12:34 |Display all floors

Reply #33 chinesequeen's post

hmmm but do you get to check out the menu before you land?
A riot is an ugly thing.... and I think it's just about time we had one.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-2 02:14:56 |Display all floors

Simba knows...

Originally posted by chinesequeen at 2008-2-1 20:29

LOL..great, let us skip that one...I dont know the word AA either, strange..but everyone in China know. I think it might be a Chinese word.

What else can be AA?

Follow me and you will know why AA means "pay for oneself  or split the bill".  First of all, don't even try to arguing with me by whatever you've found in the wild weired web.

If you want to go Dutch, where do you expect to meet those strange Dutchmen, who always pay for themselves after the dinner?  Yes, in Holland.

And then, if you go to Holland, where do you expect to stay?  Yes, Amsterdam, where you could make an appointment with a Dutch for a split-bill dinner.

So, AA means Amsterdam Appointment.

Trust me, Simba knows...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-2 02:19:10 |Display all floors

Simba knows...

Originally posted by chinesequeen at 2008-2-2 01:29

LOL..great, let us skip that one...I dont know the word AA either, strange..but everyone in China know. I think it might be a Chinese word.

What else can be AA?

Originally posted by chinesequeen at 2008-2-1 20:29

What else can be AA?

Follow me and you will know why AA means "pay for oneself  or split the bill".  First of all, don't even try to arguing with me by whatever you've found in the wild weired web.

If you want to go Dutch, where do you expect to meet those strange Dutchmen, who always pay for themselves after the dinner?  Yes, in Holland.

And then, if you go to Holland, where do you expect to stay?  Yes, Amsterdam, where you could make an appointment with a Dutch for a split-bill dinner.

So, AA means Amsterdam Appointment.

Trust me, Simba knows...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-2 02:25:13 |Display all floors
"When I take a woman out to dinner I expect her to look me in the face.
That's the price she pays for the dinner"
-Groucho
A riot is an ugly thing.... and I think it's just about time we had one.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-2 02:34:02 |Display all floors
Originally posted by scarylaowei at 2008-2-2 02:06
OK that's terribly superficial.  

Mind you if she didn't like his physique she probably wouldn't have agreed to go out with him.... but still

Sorry for being superficial...it is not allowed once a while..

Physical shouldn’t be the only focus, right? I always thought a person’s inner quality and mindset are far more important than the rest. Physical compatibility can be easily achieved but mental compatibility is far more difficult to accomplish.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-2 02:40:52 |Display all floors
Originally posted by scarylaowei at 2008-2-2 02:25
"When I take a woman out to dinner I expect her to look me in the face.
That's the price she pays for the dinner"
-Groucho

See by being there we already paid our meal.... straight in your eyes..and you know it

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-2 02:43:50 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tradervic at 2008-2-2 02:09

Aren't there restaurants that are willing to cater a company's group event?

Or, has the idea of "pot-luck" lunches come to Chinese companies?

for most part in daily life, tradition still hold..men pay for everything..or if i am asked to pay for my own, I will just pay for everything...

[ Last edited by chinesequeen at 2008-2-2 02:44 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.