Views: 11313|Replies: 7

chrysanthemum tea - 菊花茶 [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-1-29 02:22:07 |Display all floors
I really really like 菊花茶, but I have a question:

Is it NORMAL that after a while it turns green, then BLUE??? Is there fake blue/green dye in the stem/green part of the flower? I'm worried. I didn't think a natural thing would bleed blue like that, especially if it's only green. I mean, other green things don't start bleeding blue after a while.... other teas don't. I got the more expensive level of this tea.

Is blue normal or has color been added?!?
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-29 15:00:07 |Display all floors
I'm also a fan of chrysanthemum tea and I never saw somthing turning blue when drinking it.

Normally 3 to 5 minutes is enough for making a cup of green tea, as its colour might turn to light brown if the green leaves soaked in boiled water for a long time.  But I never saw something in blue.

Have you checked the expiry date of the green tea or  the chrysanthemum flower ? Or it might due to the poor quality of the tea or flower.

[ Last edited by joyceice at 2008-1-29 03:02 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-29 22:46:02 |Display all floors
Do you mean the chrysanthemum tea turn green or blue or the chrysanthemum turn green or blue?/

If it is the tea,  that should be quite weird. but if it is the chrysanthemum, i sometimes find it turn a little bit green too. But it is usually after quite a while.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-30 02:02:59 |Display all floors
Well, after a while the tea turns greenish, and the flowers themselves have BLUE on them! I can't help thinking they're dyed or something! They're not old, they were very fresh, the smell was SO good when I bought them, I smelled it over & over... ahh.... so nice.....

And yes it happens after a long time, but not TOO long. Maybe during the 3rd batch of new water added.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-30 04:52:54 |Display all floors

better than gatorade...

especially when you make 'em in a huge pot & keep 'em chill in the refrig for few hrs B4 drinking it...usaully i add some white /clear crystal sugar  

Gatorade is a non-carbonated sports drink marketed by the Quaker Oats Company, a division of PepsiCo. Originally made for athletes, it is now commonly consumed as a snack beverage. The drink is intended to rehydrate and to replenish the carbohydrates (in the form of sugars sucrose and glucose) and electrolytes (sodium and potassium salts) depleted during aerobic exercise, especially in warmer climates.
mum-tea.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-30 11:12:07 |Display all floors
Originally posted by pjtran at 2008-1-30 04:52
especially when you make 'em in a huge pot & keep 'em chill in the refrig for few hrs B4 drinking it...usaully i add some white /clear crystal sugar  

Gatorade is a non-carbonate ...

Crystal sugar!!!And lots and lots of them!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-30 11:29:28 |Display all floors
PJtran -
Although your gatorade comment lost me, you did give me the bright idea to take a picture next time, then you can all see what i mean.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.