Author: gotohell

Indian students flock to China for higher studies [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-2-4 13:37:47 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2008-2-3 23:56

Are you proud of misunderstanding every single point I am making? I said in no uncertain terms that I have no language problem in Chinese hospitals.

Much of the reason is, however, becaus ...

That's totally up to your choice.  If you don't apply, who wants to recruit you? Simple like that.  Do Chinese universities force you or them to apply?  Obviously not.

By the way, barefoot doctors are no longer existing - that's cultural revolutions' memory - 42 years ago.  Were you born then?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-5 11:19:52 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2008-2-4 12:56
So how come universities can recruit English-speaking doctors to teach Indian students?

Do you know which universities are recruiting indian students who learn medicine?
Do some research. You should know that, and by knowing that, you will know why they can teach indian students.
I am not a teacher of yours, but i find my responsibility to let you know how you can be a good student.
手握乾坤鼠, 茶溶四海秋. 心宽无大志, 戏赋欲还休.
Blog: http://www.blog.sina.com.cn/qujiangrong

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-5 11:32:00 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mengzhi at 2008-2-4 08:42
Dear august,

I think you are getting to know our resident clown well . He is worth something in providing light relief to a otherwise mundane life . His English is poor and broken but he is not  ...

Seneca is working hard as a student. But he made little progress. Do not loose heart,  you are a good teacher anyway.

[ Last edited by augustusq at 2008-2-5 11:35 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-5 15:50:51 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2008-2-5 13:36

I know Indian students studying Medicine in Dali, Yunnan. Do you know where that is? That town had no varsity until very recently; now it has gaggles of Indian students that double as bouncers and waiters at Dali's famous recreational facilities. No joke!

I also know a Yemeni studying Engineering in a Chinese metropolis; that's not a bad choice since China is atad single-mindedly focused on that specialty.

At first he thought he could study the subject in Chinese, but two years down the road he realised his Chinese was nowhere near the required entry level, so he switched to a college that offers the same degree in English, which he has yet to perfect too...

1) do you know  the teachers who are teaching  the indian students? Do you think the teachers cannot teach the subjects in english?

2) it's not criticizable that Indian students work as waiters or bouncers there. many foreign students in U. S., UK, do the same.

You raised some "example-like" stuff, but that still proves nothing about your stand.
======================================================================
i've got a piece of news in expressindia.com, let's read together. this is not for argument, but for our knowledge.

Home> Kolkata> News Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Page One  |  Sports  |  Talk  | All Headlines

NEWS

China luring Indian students to pursue MBBS courses

Aspirants need 50 per cent aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in Plus Two, English as a compulsory paper.

Express News Service

Kolkata, September 6: After Russia, it is now China’s turn to attract an increasing number of Indian students to its shores for pursuing MBBS programmes.

This year, 700 Indian students have already been enrolled in an international MBBS programme in Hubei University of TCM, Wuhan, China. Plus Two passouts in India, who have failed to get a seat in government colleges, can pursue medicine under this international programme offered by this university recognised by the World Health Organisation (WHO) and the Medical Council of India (MCI).

“Our university ranks amongst the top 10 in China, and has a ‘key university’ status. The university has 7,500 full time students and about 700 teaching staff,” said Sidney To, internation admission director, Hubei University.

“The international MBBS course comprises four and a half years of study, followed by a year of clinical internship. We already have foreign students from USA, Sweden, Canada, UK, France and Italy. We are now laying emphasis in an exchange programme with India. While students can come to study medicine here, Chinese students can take up courses in Information Technology in India,” To said.

Last year, 70 Indian students were enrolled in the programme in Hubei University. “The success of the first batch has seen an increase in demand for the programme. This year, we have enrolled 700 Indian students in Luzhou, Southern, Dali, and Jinan Colleges of Medicine,” said Partha Sarthi Ganguly, CEO of Saraswati Online.Com, which represents Hubei University in India.

The minimum requirements for the MBBS programme are a 50 per cent aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The student must also have studied English as a compulsory language. Before getting enrolled for the MBBS programme abroad, the student will have to obtain an eligibility certificate from Medical Council of India.

The entire course fee, including accommodation charges, works out to Rs.10 lakh.

However, before being allowed to practice as a doctor in India, students having completed the course will have to sit for a screening test conducted by the National Board of Examinations, New Delhi.

The screening test is held twice a year, and comprises pre-clinical, clinical, and para-clinical sections. A candidate will have to secure 50 per cent marks to pass the examination.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.