Author: gotohell

Indian students flock to China for higher studies [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-1-29 10:05:54 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tongluren at 1/28/2008 07:51 PM
It was also reported that quite a few of our Indian friends who lived or studied in China, wedded Chinese girls.  The article cited one reason given by an Indian yoga instructor that the Chinese women tend to work harder to keep in shape and not grow fat after they get married.  Don't know how much of that is true, relatively speaking.

Okay, I am curious - can a person that marries a Chinese citizen apply for Chinese citizenship?  Or do they apply for permanent residency?
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2008-1-29 11:08:43 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tongluren at 2008-1-29 10:51
It was also reported that quite a few of our Indian friends who lived or studied in China, wedded Chinese girls.  The article cited one reason given by an Indian yoga instructor that the Chinese wo ...

The article cited one reason given by an Indian yoga instructor that the Chinese women tend to work harder to keep in shape and not grow fat after they get married.  Don't know how much of that is true, relatively speaking.

It is unfortunate but true that many Indian women tend to grow wide after marriage. But then again this is considered a sign of wealth.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-29 11:35:13 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mengzhi at 2008-1-29 04:30
dannycool,

Are you implying that Chinese medical schools will take discards from abroad ? I hope not  because it is not true . One can argue that sort after overseas medical schools demand HIGHE ...

Well not scoring 90% marks does not make you a discard. It is just that there are too many good and intelligent students which exceed much more than the number of seats available. American and British medical colleges are much better than all the medical colleges in Asia but they are expensive for Indian students.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-29 11:35:29 |Display all floors

The proof of the pudding is in the eating.

Originally posted by tradervic at 2008-1-29 09:23

It depends - is he talking about ethnic Chinese from other countries, like Malaysia or Indonesia?  Or is he just talking about those students that could not afford to medical school via scholar ...

Chinese medical schools maintain a very high standard for good reasons of producing well trained doctors to service the population , to attract more students both locally and from overseas  and most importantly , to get the best brains to China for research and development . The Chinese education system is under close scrutiny by overseas boards , universities and potential students . The cost and expenses are lower simply because the cost of living in China is lower . The quality of the training is excellent . Eventually future students will vote with their feet : whether they are coming to China or go elsewhere .

Confucius said "  One cent value , one cent goods " . ie what you see is what you get .  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-29 18:46:57 |Display all floors
This actually works both ways. There are also many Chinese students (from mainland China) going to India every year for studies in various programs including Business Administration, Computer Applications and Engineering. The city of Bangalore in South India alone has thousands of Chinese students. And the numbers seem to be increasing every year.

This can be a great opportunity for Chinese students to practise their English, as all their education in India will be in English. Of course, they will come across many different Indian accents, but that is not necessarily such a bad thing. They will be in an environment where they will be forced to practise and improve their own English--if they wish to. However, the reality is that most such students (with a few exceptions) tend to stick together, avoiding the local students, speaking only in Chinese, playing online Chinese games, chatting in Chinese on QQ, watching Chinese movies,... in short, living in India exactly as they would live in China, and then complaining that they are not able to learn English or understand Indian English   
I am given to understand that all they want is the certificate at the end of their studies so that they can find a good job in China!

What aspiring students need to watch out for is unscrupulous Chinese agents who charge them huge amounts of money for getting admission to Indian colleges that are rather sub-standard. Both the agents and the colleges can make a lot of money at the expense of these students. I am personally aware of one Chinese agent who has based himself in a South Indian city and who tries to force Chinese students applying to a particular university in that city to pay money to him whether they use his services or not. These agents manage to get away with some of their hanky-panky because they also act as interpreters between the students and the colleges.

If you want to study in India, there are many good colleges to go to, who will charge you less than the bad colleges. The difficulty is that you may not find sufficient information about them online. However, I may be able to help you...for a reasonable fee, of course (as I'll have to do a lot of work in this).  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-29 19:48:13 |Display all floors
changcheng from Uluru Down Under ,

Touting for the mighty dollar on the forum , I never !  English ( Inglish ) is not exactly the sort of English one should aspire to in learning English .  I imagine being " subtitled " each time you speak . It is good that lots of Chinese go to India to do their university studies . A nation can always do with new ideas and new blood from all corners of the earth .  But as you have indicated , the good Indian unis are excellent while the bad ones are very forgetable .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-30 00:09:36 |Display all floors
Well, that is typical of our resident racist!

Originally posted by seneca at 2008-1-30 00:03

We know, don't we, Mangler, that not a single Chinese university is among the world's top institutions of higher learning. Quantity takes precedence over quality; now Indians have to settle for poorer quality because China is their only affordable alternative...  

What benchmark are you using and what exactly are you comparing for such a stupid statement?

Also, who is doing the judging?

Let me guess ...
You will reap what you sow!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.