Author: thunderbird

Why do you shop? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-1-25 01:52:14 |Display all floors
Originally posted by peterrr at 2008-1-24 11:48
# 1, I buy a whole new wardrobe once a year and usually nothing in between unless I find something really cheap

You have a very strong will?...or too busy doing other things?:):)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-25 02:00:04 |Display all floors
Originally posted by freakyqi at 2008-1-24 12:43

No wonder you're in such a good mood today! You've been busy!

#1 above is my reason.... well, the not-eating one anyway. Really, i could forget to eat when I'm busy ...

You are a wise shopper...you know how to spend less for more...certainly you know what you want in life!...any chance to show us your  horoscope bear...it must be a muti-talented bear.... like master, like bear!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-25 02:04:54 |Display all floors
Originally posted by robertcheng at 2008-1-24 13:33

I shop for buying foodstuff, necessary commodities when I go out alone.... But usually I don't go out myself.... So I generally served as an acompany and servant when going shopping with her.,. ...

So you are her "busboy"?...hahahaha....one good way to build up your muscles...there is  an old Chinese saying ...."an excellent chief can handle 3 woks at the same time"....how many shopping bags can you handle at one time?:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-25 02:07:59 |Display all floors
Originally posted by joyceice at 2008-1-24 13:48
Most of the time I am the 1st style as I have to, the necessaries of life won't come to your house by themselves.

Sometimes I will be the 2nd style, it's also nice to have some friends with yo ...

Judging from your user name "joy"...you don't need to buy happiness....you are a natural happy person...are you not?:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-25 02:18:27 |Display all floors
Originally posted by heyyou at 2008-1-25 01:17

I only shop when there's a big sale sign on the window. Though I might not need anything but the sale force pulls me right into the store.

It appears that this is the current trend in Consumer behavior...no sale, no deal!

I often look for good deals and on-sale items...boxing day is one of my best shopping days....I can get many items for less than half of the original price...I think we have gone beyond just buying things that we need...we are also buying on the bases of what we wanted...sort of like buying a piece of psychological satisfaction or pleasure! :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-25 13:08:14 |Display all floors
I seldom shopped unless my love specifically asked me to, so I could carry all her purchases. Once, after me doing this for a day, wandering around Beijing Lu in GZ, with me moaning all the way, and wondering why she tried everything on she could and went back to the first store to buy the original things she tried on, she gave up on me. From that time on, she'd go shopping with the wives/gfs or fiancees of my friends while we sat at a popular corner store in Tianhe and drank beer, awaiting their call to come and lug something back home. Needless to say, I hate shopping, unless it's absolutely necessary!
The simplicity of it all is this...give woman money or credit card, lettem go shopping and buy what they want, don't care if they buy for you (athough they invariably do) and you"ll spend less time sleeping on the sofa after they've finished and you're still sitting with friends at the corner store drinking beers at 01:00.
This is my experience and it worked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-25 13:22:00 |Display all floors
The simplicity of it all is this...give woman money or credit card, lettem go shopping and buy what they want,

yes yes yes!
dead

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.