Author: thunderbird

Why do you shop? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-1-24 11:39:16 |Display all floors
Originally posted by thunderbird at 2008-1-24 08:13
When I have a thousand USD in the bank....I can't really see it...and I can't touch it....only a statement from the bank proves that I have a thousand dollars!

When I have a thousand dollars wor ...

well,I have LCD TV put on the wall in office,most of the time,it runs by itself .Do I really need it in my office?
We are greedy creasture,I want most favorible things,today,tomorrow,we have different requirements,dreames,wishes in every period.
Going for shopping of the food is daily needed .
Recently,I can't believe myself that I go for shopping winter clothes too often,and still wondering there are no enough and elegant to wear every morning I wake up.see,,,
Gladly,that I can support myself and make the requirements coming to truth.
***always to be yourself***

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-24 11:48:46 |Display all floors
# 1, I buy a whole new wardrobe once a year and usually nothing in between unless I find something really cheap

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-24 12:43:50 |Display all floors

Always #1, never 2, rarely 3

Originally posted by thunderbird at 2008-1-24 04:58
1) People shop for practical reasons, like..."Ops ....I run out of condoms"...."I haven't ate anything for 3 days"....

No wonder you're in such a good mood today! You've been busy!

#1 above is my reason.... well, the not-eating one anyway. Really, i could forget to eat when I'm busy.

I don't enjoy shopping for fun. If I can't afford to buy the things I don't really get any joy from just looking at them, I have more important (or more fun) things to do. Just my opinion of what's fun. So DEFINITELY NOT #2 for me.

Sometimes I do #3. I've noticed it does make me feel good to buy something if I'm feeling down. But I don't buy expensive things or things that are TOO stupid. Maybe I'll buy a book or some DVD's, or even some little kitchen gadget or a cheap piece of jewelry. I'm sometimes tempted to buy bigger things when I'm down, but money's tight so I usually will only spend 20-40kuai if it's useless, or maybe 100kuai or more if it's useful or needed anyway.

My most recent STUPID purchase:
(10rmb)
A little bear from 7-11. It's a horoscope bear, mine is orange. He lights up when your cellphone rings. He's transparent, so you can see his electronic guts, and he has a beijing opera mask face. It's just the WEIRDEST thing, I HAD TO get one!

transparent orange robot bear with opera face and a light in his chest!
OMG, how could you NOT buy that?
Bizarr-o!!

(and his arms and legs move)

[ Last edited by freakyqi at 2008-1-24 12:52 PM ]
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-24 13:33:14 |Display all floors
Why do people shop?....well, basically there are three reasons as follows:

1) People shop for practical reasons, like..."Ops ....I run out of condoms"...."I haven't ate anyth ...

I shop for buying foodstuff, necessary commodities when I go out alone.... But usually I don't go out myself.... So I generally served as an acompany and servant when going shopping with her.,...
Another day , another dollars!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-24 13:48:32 |Display all floors
Most of the time I am the 1st style as I have to, the necessaries of life won't come to your house by themselves.

Sometimes I will be the 2nd style, it's also nice to have some friends with you when shopping.:)

I have seldom tried the 3rd one,  but it is a good idea to buy some small gift to cheer up.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-25 01:17:07 |Display all floors
Why do people shop?....well, basically there are three reasons as follows:

1) People shop for practical reasons, like..."Ops ....I run out of condoms"...."I haven't ate anyth ...

I only shop when there's a big sale sign on the window. Though I might not need anything but the sale force pulls me right into the store.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-25 01:50:14 |Display all floors
Originally posted by shelleybelly at 2008-1-24 11:39

well,I have LCD TV put on the wall in office,most of the time,it runs by itself .Do I really need it in my office?
We are greedy creasture,I want most favorible things,today,tomorrow,we hav ...

Shopping can be a very satisfying experience...who says only women like shopping ...I am a man...and I like shopping too....only my shopping style is different from many women....I don't shop for hours.:)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.