Author: cn1965

广告词,请教如何翻译更好! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-1-25 15:48:47 |Display all floors
thanks for u all, i learned a lot through experience and study from u   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-25 15:59:22 |Display all floors

FYI

CN, we are just making fun, never being serious, at least I am.

I'd like to suggest you discard hype like those, and I am afraid those do nothing to attract your customers but scare them away.

[ Last edited by rainbow at 2008-1-25 04:06 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-25 16:14:07 |Display all floors
Rainbow, tks for yr suggestion.

I am sorry to hear you said just making fun.  I come here with earnest attitude and never post any fake note.
whatever i do or where i am, it is happy to study from others.

You never think how disappointed i am when i saw yr word.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-25 16:20:30 |Display all floors
Sorry, I don't like these advertisement  words. As you admitted, they make  you get goose bumps too.

[ Last edited by rainbow at 2008-1-25 04:36 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-25 16:34:02 |Display all floors
Originally posted by rainbow at 2008-1-25 16:20
Sorry, I don't like these advertisement  words. As you admitted, they make  you goose bumps too.

for me, no goose bumps,but trembles...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-25 16:41:45 |Display all floors
Originally posted by househusband at 2008-1-24 11:38 PM
The "shine" here of course refers to the shine of the diamonds or pearls.
No, "age" sounds very nice here. It's a little poetic.

Actually, we don't usually say diamonds "shine." Usually, diamonds "sparkle" or "glitter." Pearls "glow" usually, I'd day. (One day we'll make a list of all the "shine" words: glow, gleam glitter, glimmer, shine, shimmer, glisten—maybe I just did. )

I got your meaning but I had to think about it. I think we'd say the shine here but then it doesn't sound nearly as poetic. I'm sorry, hh—actually, your phrasing is usually  so much better than mine. In this instance, I'm having a hard time to think of an alternative. Maybe I'd reverse the meaning:

Love sparkles ageless, with the passing time
Let love sing every morning, rain or shine.

It doesn't matter if the meaning is reversed because that kind of marketing copy is meaningless, anyway, I'd say.

I changed ring to sing because "Let love ring" sounds too much like last line "Let freedom ring" from the patriotic song My Country 'Tis of Thee.
中文我不会读也不会写。Really, I don't.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.