Views: 7815|Replies: 25

PROOF!!! Booze and S.EX are healthy!!! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-1-22 15:42:25 |Display all floors
An old study but one getting much press now.

There are many articles on the interweb thing. These excerpts come from:
http://www.news-medical.net/?id=20766

*They say men who drink between one and a half and three units of alcohol a day on average have an almost a third less risk of suffering the heart attacks faced by healthy men who stay off the booze.

*In the period from 1986 to 2002, 106 of the men had heart attacks; of these men, eight were among the 1,282 who drank about two drinks a day, nine were among the 714 who had over two drinks a day, and 28 were among the 1,889 men who did not drink at all.

*The researchers found the men who had two drinks a day had the lowest risk for heart attack, while those who didn't drink had the highest risk.

*Twenty-five percent of the heart attacks were among men who drank less than 5 grams of alcohol a day.

*Some experts say they have begun recommending moderate alcohol use to their patients as there is powerful evidence suggesting that alcohol reduces the risk of heart attacks by increasing the levels of the "good" cholesterol HDL in the blood and reducing the risk of clotting.
===

The S.EX comes in because they recommend that for a man to be healthy involves "regular, vigorous physical activity" and everybody knows what is the most vigorous physical activity...and we would all like it to be "regular."

So the key to long life, drink everyday and get some action everyday!

And, just to get the ladies involved, we have this, from http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2005/03/050328182546.htm:

Researchers at the University of Newcastle have found that women who never drink alcohol are in poorer health than those who have up to two drinks a day.

They also had this:
“There was no evidence to suggest there should be different guidelines for alcohol consumption for older women. In fact the study found that women over 70 who drank up to two drinks a day had less risk of dying than those who never drank or rarely drank alcohol.”

And that was just so the older ladies would continue participating in the party...or, it could just be that was all that was available to the research group noted below (and on the website) as being involved:

"The Australian Longitudinal Study on Women’s Health is funded by the Australian Government Department of Health and Ageing and is run jointly by the University of Newcastle and the University of Queensland."

Could just be an Australian thing this bit about getting those ladies over 70 drunk and taking advantage of them.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-22 15:49:15 |Display all floors
what about for the ladies
dead

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-22 15:50:55 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mira_mio at 2008-1-22 15:49
what about for the ladies

Someone else that never reads through my entire posts. I wouldn't think of not involving the ladies. Just look up.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-22 15:52:48 |Display all floors
...ok i will remember not to read your posts again.
dead

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-22 15:55:17 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mira_mio at 2008-1-22 15:52
...ok i will remember not to read your posts again.

But, but...it wasn't a blonde joke! I did mention ladies and encouraged them - with the requisite scientific document link for credibility - to drink and fool around! After all, drinking and fooling around with oneself is problematic...after all, with only one hand free to pour.....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-22 15:56:59 |Display all floors
Originally posted by canchin at 2008-1-22 15:55

But, but...it wasn't a blonde joke! I did mention ladies and encouraged them - with the requisite scientific document link for credibility - to drink and fool around! After all, drinking and fo ...

hmm I drink with a straw. so i have both hands free... to type.. and write
dead

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-22 16:01:37 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mira_mio at 2008-1-22 15:56

hmm I drink with a straw. so i have both hands free

Perhaps just a tad too informative?

Although it does beg the question: If both hands are free, who's doing the...pouring?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.