Author: 246810

What's your 5 years plan ? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-1-22 14:48:37 |Display all floors
Originally posted by robertcheng at 2008-1-22 14:18

That's similar to talk about dreams or ideals in the future when we could even brag.... You also need to accomplish the short-term plan first....

Right, that's the idea. The idea isn't to brag, it's to help students plan for the future:

What do you want in 10yrs? You want Z?
Well, then you must achieve Y in 5yrs.
To achieve Y in 5yrs, you should achieve X in 1year.
To achieve X in 1yr, you should do A,B, and C every day (or as scheduled).

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-22 14:51:29 |Display all floors
Originally posted by itsnotme at 2008-1-22 14:48

Right, that's the idea. The idea isn't to brag, it's to help students plan for the future:

What do you want in 10yrs? You want Z?
Well, then you must achieve Y in 5yrs.
To achieve Y in 5yr ...

To be imaginable is important.... All that boils down to a near goal to be fulfilled before carrying out a big one...
Another day , another dollars!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-22 14:59:03 |Display all floors
Originally posted by robertcheng at 2008-1-22 14:51
To be imaginable is important.... All that boils down to a near goal to be fulfilled before carrying out a big one...

Yes, and it prevents us from having big ideas but not working toward them, only imagining them, then maybe being disappointed in the future when they have not come true. Then we may regret wasting our time. Or others may think we're "all talk, no action."
So, thinking it out this way can help some people stay on track and keep focus.

It also helps us see our goals realistically and not feel they are HUGE, or too big to handle, or too far into the future to worry about now. We can handle small steps.

(maybe it's not useful for every type of person?)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-22 15:33:56 |Display all floors

It is important to have long term goals

One should always have long term goals. Long terms goals always involve diligent persistent cumulative efforts. It is very easy to get distracted along the way by all kinds of temptations in life. Once you realize you are heading away from your goals, you have to stir yourself back to the right track, otherwise the previous efforts will go to waste and to start all over it will be that much harder. My long terms goals range from 2 years, 5 years, and 10 years. I try to achieve them one at a time and always look forward to the next one.

Who would think ChineseQueen has such spirit? Isn’t this how ccharismatic Ci Xi became the Empress
Dowager Cixi (慈禧太后)? From a Concubine, then Consort then elevated several time through Emperor Xian Feng, then Empress Dowager Cixi.

I think I am off topic now…

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-22 15:34:51 |Display all floors
is it too late for me to use this method now?
a beautiful plan is not difficult to all of us, what difficult is how to persistently act base on your plan.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-22 17:30:00 |Display all floors
I wish to marry

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-22 17:52:12 |Display all floors
i'll grow up and up and up.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.