Author: holly666

holly's diary [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-2-15 15:13:07 |Display all floors
Just read your 14th diary Holly ,full of sweetness, caring and family warmth in this essay.I admire you and your special one have been maintaining so good relationship for so long .I think it's kinda eternal love which is written in many novels between you and your husband.You know,in the more profit-oriented society full of temptations,this solid and stable love which have been tested by time should be most valued.
Happy Valentine's Day,Holly.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-15 15:23:58 |Display all floors
Originally posted by xunhuan_2002 at 2008-2-15 15:13
Just read your 14th diary Holly ,full of sweetness, caring and family warmth in this essay.I admire you and your special one have been maintaining so good relationship for so long .I think it's kin ...

I have the same feeling with Xunhua, we are so glad to see you have such a happy family.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-15 15:29:39 |Display all floors
Originally posted by holly666 at 2008-2-14 22:46
marya, thank you. I won't worry about her health. What makes me worried is her determination of overcoming difficulties.

Holly, as she grow up and experience more, she will learn how to face difficulty and how to overcome it.

Of course, your care and guidance is very important to her. Apart from family, she can also learn a lot from her teachers, friends or even good books.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-16 20:57:15 |Display all floors
Saturday, February 16, 2008, fine

It’s getting warmer and warmer here, but my daughter called me, complaining that it’s very cold in Sichuan and adding that she’s determined to enter the college in Northern China at last, which agrees with my thought.

When she was studying in the senior high school in Beijing, she missed the drizzle in the south and told me she would go to study in a southern college. I didn’t try to persuade her, though I expected her to go on studying in Beijing because I knew I couldn’t prevent her. Moreover, I thought young persons should go to different places to experince different lives.

Having experienced a short life in the south, she gives up what she desired before, telling me again and again that she longs for the sunlight in the north. During the Spring Festival holidays, she hung her towel in the sunlight all day long. Then she put it close to her nose and said she had missed the smell of the sun for ages. Her satisfied expression affected me too. Later, when she met her two close friends, she complained that they both grew taller while she herself remained the same as before, which she owed to the lack of the sunlight in Sichuan. Therefore she made her decision.

I hadn’t expected that climate could change her mind so easily. However, I have come to a conclusion: Never have people known what they like without trying.

PS. marya, thank you for your good tip.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-18 17:05:27 |Display all floors
Originally posted by holly666 at 2008-2-16 20:57
Saturday, February 16, 2008, fine

It’s getting warmer and warmer here, but my daughter called me, complaining that it’s very cold in Sichuan and adding that she’s determined to enter the coll ...

Climate does influence one's decision, I think. I  dislike coldness, so I did not consider a university in Northeast China like Henglongjiang.

Spring is coming, looking forward to more of your beautiful pictures and articles

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-18 22:29:08 |Display all floors
Monday, February 18, 2008, fine

I have shown you the beautiful flowers, the crabapples and lilacs. Today I’d like to offer you the beautiful oriental cherry blossoms. There’s only one cherry tree hidden in one corner of the campus. It’s not tall and strong among the cedars, willows and other trees. You may not notice it in winter, summer or autumn. But when it blooms in spring, its beautiful blossoms will really feast your eyes. In the beginning the flowers look light pink, then they become white in full bloom. Their white is not like the white wall or paper which sting your eyes, but like the bright and transparent silk or jade which attract everyone. Once you see them, you’ll never forget them. They have no heady perfume like gardenia. Only their beauty is enough. Every spring I can’t resist going to admire them. Watching them, I always recall the cherry fruits I ate in my hometown. I still remember the sweet taste which seems to me the most delicious in the world. I have never had any like those after I left. It’s a pity that this tree doesn’t bear any fruits. It’s only for admiring. But I still feel very satisfactory because I hadn’t seen any cherry blossoms before I came here. Now not only have I tasted the most delicious cherry fruits, but also enjoyed the most beautiful flowers. I dream that one day I can eat the fruits while showing the following beautiful pictures to my hometown fellows.
DSCN1320.JPG

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-18 22:33:49 |Display all floors
And I wish one day all of you could taste the sweetest cherry fruits in my hometown. They are only on market for about 15 days early in May every year. PS. My avatar is oriental cherry, willow and cedar I took.

[ Last edited by holly666 at 2008-2-18 10:43 PM ]
DSCN1322.JPG
DSCN1323.JPG

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.