Author: holly666

holly's diary [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-2-3 16:16:37 |Display all floors
Originally posted by holly666 at 2008-2-1 22:00
Friday, February 01, 2008

As I described above, there are many beautiful flowers on the campus in spring. Today I will show you the single lilac, which grows on the opposite of the crabapples. C ...

I like lilac too

It is said if u can find a lilac with four petals, you will have good luck

Spring is coming, soon you will see the beautiful flowers again, waiting for more of your beautiful pictures

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-4 09:29:26 |Display all floors
Spring festival is approaching,today is the last day we work;during holidays I can't come to read holly's diaries,so here I say good bye to holly and everone here ,wish you enjoy Chinese lunar new year and the holidays;I'll see you right after the holidays,see you then.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-11 22:07:53 |Display all floors
Monday, February 04, 2008, fine
My daughter has come back for the Spring Festival. We held a get-together party for her, eating hot pot of mutton.

Time flies. I haven’t posted my last diary, yet my daughter has been back to Sichuan, eating toasted mutton with her uncles now (Monday, February 11) as she had planed earlier. I can’t help thinking she’s indeed a gourmet who enjoys eating. Before she came back to Beijing, she told me she missed sesame paste, crown daisy chrysanthemum (haozigan’er), youmaicai. So I prepared hot pot of mutton (shuanyangrou) for her and invited her best friends. As soon as she arrived, she had a delicious meal. She ate so much that she had to stand up, keeping saying she was completely full and couldn’t eat any more. Since she had only one week here, she couldn’t taste all she liked. Then the following days she chose some she liked best. She enjoys eating so much that she asked whoever she met what they would treat her to. Therefore people who couldn’t invite her this time owed her a meal. She’s a real eater (haochizui’er) like all the persons from Sichan.

Meanwhile, she’s talkative like most Beijingers. Her classmates called her “Miss Talker”. She’s fond of talking. Every time we went out, she kept talking while I was listening. Once we were silent, she would say, “Let’s find some persons or something interesting to talk.” The other day we both drove to my sister’s. She kept talking all the way, which really annoyed me while I was driving because my skill was not good enough to manage both well at the same time. I tried not to break out with great effort.

She’s the production of the mingled culture of Sichuan and Beijing. I always say she’s the one who makes full use of her mouth.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-13 22:21:34 |Display all floors
Wednesday, February 13, 2008, windy

Children in the contemporary society are much more delicate than us born in the 1960s. They lack perseverance and strong mind and easy to catch cold or become ill. My daughter had a good time here and went back safely. But I was phoned that she felt a little uncomfortable and didn’t go to school this evening. I’m wondering why. Is it due to her emotion or feeling? I didn’t know how to comfort her, just telling her to go to bed earlier. She has to learn to deal with everything she meets herself, I think.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-14 14:30:56 |Display all floors
Hope your daughter will get better soon.

Your daughter is talkative, then she must be an out-going person. That's a  good character. When she goes to a different place, she can adapt to it soon.

Maybe taking bus/train is too tiring, don't worry, hope she will get better soon.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-14 22:43:34 |Display all floors
Thursday, February 14, 2008, fine

This afternoon, I went out. To my surprise, two girls stood along the street, selling red roses. I was puzzled why, but within seconds, I knew it’s February 14, Valentine’s Day today. Though it originated in a foreign country, it’s welcomed in China. Many Chinese enjoy it, especially the young people. I met young fellows holding red roses with happy expressions from time to time. Later on my way home, I joined the young guys, spending 5 yuan buying a red rose for my hubby and expecting to give him a surprise and make him happy. “If it will bring him a happy day, it’s worth buying even if it’s expensive,” I thought. I had never bought him one before, though he bought me and my daughter roses in the past few years. While I came back with a red rose in hand, I felt many puzzled eyes fixed on me. Maybe they thought I was too old to be a romatic, or maybe everyone thought it boys' duty to buy roses for girls. No matter what they thought, I didn’t care. In fact, people at my age never admit they are old. On the contrary, they think their hearts are still young even though their children are much taller than them. (Please don’t laugh at me.)

When I got home, my hubby had already been in. Before I showed him my present, he invited me to dine out, saying, “Today is Valentine’s Day. I’ll treat you to what you want.” I felt very happy, asking, “Why haven’t you bought me a red rose?” He replied, “I wanted, but it’s unconvenient for me because I drove.” Then he added, “You’ve never thought of me.” “Thank God, I’ve bought one for him, or I’ll never explain it clearly.” I thought. As I showed him the present, he had nothing to say. We had a wonderful dinner among young couples in a restaurant.

These days, more and more people are interested in foreign festivals. Thus, discussions have begun. Some are for it while others are against. The way I see it, as long as it can make us happy, I’ll never care where it comes from. Life is short. We should spend every day happily. Of course, I value our custom festivals more.

By the way, happy Valentine's Day guys.:)

[ Last edited by holly666 at 2008-2-14 10:49 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-14 22:46:25 |Display all floors
marya, thank you. I won't worry about her health. What makes me worried is her determination of overcoming difficulties.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.